The Dome at Lake Eola

Tim3167

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While walking around downtown this morning I noticed signs up on an old building between the AT&T building and the Greek Church advertising this development:

435_rendering_rev.JPG

Here is the website - It states it is a mixed use project of Residential Condominiums, Office and Restaurant facilities.

Developer's Webpage

Is this legit? So is there room behind the Greek Orthodox Church? Interesting even for a primitive rendering! :shades:

It's fantastically ugly.

I think I like it.

I agree... I like it! Dunnoh why. I've always liked that church and I enjoy how it compliments it. Also, it will help bring life into that weird area, especially once Dynetech and the Vue are completed.

Where did this come from and why was it never even mentioned here? I'd like to see some better renderings.

Bring it on!

It's so fantastically different! Very unique, plus the added benefit of taking the immediate surroundings into consideration...a real compliment to that church, I think. It kind of thumbs its nose at modern architecture. But where are they going to have room to build the Greek ampitheatre? Build it!

Intersting that while the bubble-watchers wring their hands, developers continue to churn out the proposals.

Are these developers hopelessly naive ? Or do they know something the bubble-watchers don't ?

I think this group is just trying to sell the land for someone else to develop.

My four year old could design a more professional website. This thing is sketchy.

I agree. Even the advertising copy is kind of cheesy and second-rate - as if the ducks and a playground are some kind of selling point? "You can even rent a swan boat and paddle around the lake" -- golly gee. I almost wondered if someone was getting a head start on April fool's pranks.

:shades:

My four year old could design a more professional website. This thing is sketchy.

my thoughts exactly. the website looks put together with frontpage, and the written copy is aweful.

I'd almost joke that one us forumers put this whole thing together as a joke. But we would have done a much more professional job! :lol:

Archived