Richmond Events

burt

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Any race fans?

How about First Friday's Cinco de Mayo party on Brown's Island tonight?

Cinqo de Mayo was awesome Friday. The weather was sketchy for a while as some wind and rain rolled in but people kept coming and I got to see Toots and the Maytals. Great show. Everyone abondoned poor Fighting Gravity though. They should have had them on before Toots but oh well. Live and learn.

I already mentioned this in the off topic thread, but one of my favorite :whistling: bands is playing at little old Cary Street Cafe tomorrow (friday) night. They haven't practiced in months, which means they'll play each song with more enthusiasm. (absence makes the heart grow fonder). :shades:

Definitely worth checking out this weekend:

22nd Annual Lebanese Food Festival!

15-18,000 people attend this tasty festival every year. mmmmm

The Lebanese Food Festival takes place at St. Anthony's Maronite Catholic Church at 4611 Sadler Road on Friday and Saturday from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Admission and parking are both free.

• 2 weeks later...

The Annual Captech Classic comes to downtown Richmond this Thursday... Some background:

The CapTech Classis is one of the most challenging criterium-style bike races in North America, featuring a 1.2 mile circuit that encircles the heart of downtown Richmond

Friday cheers will be awesome tomorrow night with Soulive. You can't get funkier than this, especially with only 3 people. I've been trying to see these guys for years, missing their $25 shows at the 9:30 club, and now I'll get to see them for free. If it rains, I'll watch 'em anyway. How much do beer tickets cost?

Is it true, Mclawsdrive, that last Friday's Cheers broke attendance records on Brown's Island?

Have fun tomorrow night, and if anybody gets a chance, stroll down the canal walk to ROTJ and assertain whether or not Cordage is doing his job toward providing entertainment on the premises.

header.gif

The Town Of Ashland presents the 2006 Annual Strawberry Festival

Located in Ashland in Hanover County, this festival attracts thousands with its miles of tents filled with everything Southern! It takes place around the Randolph Macon College Campus and throught the town of Ashland. A must see for strawberry lovers, and a great thing to do if you love festivals :yahoo:

Did the First Friday event and Cheers get rained out last night? We had downpours here in New York and I think I read that the storms extended all the way down into "The Virginias" and Carolina.

Incidentally, First Friday is "off" for the summer. The next one will be in September.

Tommy, I hope you collected bushels of delicious strawberries for your Mom to preserve. :)

Archived