Fayetteville

Carbo04

Hello all. I'm posting here from Fayetteville. I was wondering what everyone here thought about this place. Good and/or bad. I've lived here alot of my life, and honestly, I think it is the worst of NC's 'bigger' cities. But I'd like some opinions since I don't see much on Fayetteville here.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello all. I'm posting here from Fayetteville. I was wondering what everyone here thought about this place. Good and/or bad. I've lived here alot of my life, and honestly, I think it is the worst of NC's 'bigger' cities. But I'd like some opinions since I don't see much on Fayetteville here.

First let me welcome you to the forum.

I was born in Fayetteville in 1966. Moved to Raleigh in 1971. We would return to Fayetteville every other weekend to visit grandparents on Saturday then drive to Southern Pines for my other Grandparents on Sunday. I have always thought of Fayetteville as a dirty city. City leaders should try to lure corporations into the city and bring new higher paying jobs. There are some nice neighborhoods there. I was in Cottonade off Yadkin Rd.

Durham to me used to be the same way years ago but they have really cleaned their act up and are becoming a first class city. Fayetteville can do the same thing but it will take a big investment and a long time. Fayetteville must learn that there are other things out there besides military, Pawn shops and Tattoo parlors. Don't get me wrong...I do love my birth city and really hope things change there.

Archived