Serial killers

ZachariahDaMan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm currently taking a Detective Literature class and we are reading "Silence of the Lambs". Some of the material we're dealing with (not in the book) is about other serial killers and compares Hannibal Lecter and Buffalo Bill to real-life serial killers. Some awesome stuff, let me know if you guys want some links...

Surprised it has not been listed yet, he comes complete with what is basically an autobiography, not just a biography - Donald "Peewee" Gaskins Junior, I believe that is the name of the book as well. It is sickening, but fascinating, and in one stint in jail he was in the same population as John Gotti. The book gives a solid look into the environmental factors that contribute to the making of a serial killer, should be good for a cop/investigator in training.

I'm currently taking a Detective Literature class and we are reading "Silence of the Lambs". Some of the material we're dealing with (not in the book) is about other serial killers and compares Hannibal Lecter and Buffalo Bill to real-life serial killers. Some awesome stuff, let me know if you guys want some links...

Surprised it has not been listed yet, he comes complete with what is basically an autobiography, not just a biography - Donald "Peewee" Gaskins Junior, I believe that is the name of the book as well. It is sickening, but fascinating, and in one stint in jail he was in the same population as John Gotti. The book gives a solid look into the environmental factors that contribute to the making of a serial killer, should be good for a cop/investigator in training.

One of Shreveport's most notorious serial killers, Danny Rolling, was put to death in Florida a few weeks ago for the murders of several Florida women. Before his execution, he confessed to murdering a family in Shreveport who he'd long been suspected of killing but never formally charged.

Information about this case at Crime Library

I like to read about killers. Here are the books I have.

Cannibal Killers The History Of Impossible Murders (various)

The Cannibal (Albert Fish)

Deranged (Albert Fish)

The Milwaukee Murders Nightmare In Apartment 213 (Jeff Dahmer)

The Diary Of Jack The Ripper

Edward Gein America's Most Bizarre Murderer

Ed Gein Psycho

Time Life Serial Killers (various)

Murder Next Door (various)

Dracula Prince Of Many Faces His Life And His Times

I generally like biographical books in general.

One of Shreveport's most notorious serial killers, Danny Rolling, was put to death in Florida a few weeks ago for the murders of several Florida women. Before his execution, he confessed to murdering a family in Shreveport who he'd long been suspected of killing but never formally charged.

Information about this case at Crime Library

I haven't read that book but I'll have to check it out. Thanks for mentioning it. Actually I haven't read too much about him. But I'll have to do some research on him. I'm looking at a book I have called "Evil Serial Killers" it gives about 3 pages about a ton of serial killers. Looks like he claims to have over 100 victims but I think some serial killers just like to exagerrate their "accomplishments" as they'd put it. Afterall, Henry Lee Lucas claims to have over 300 victims.

^ Freaky. I've never heard of him. I never trust people in Camaros anyway, hehehe.

Okay, I'm not sure if this qualifies but we had a dentist named Barton Corbin. In 1990 he was a dental student at the Medical College of Georgia here. Apparently he developed a relationship with a young woman also at MCG (though I think she was going to be real doctor :) ). Shortly into the relationship, she was found murdered in her apartment downtown. Everyone believed it was him but they couldn't prove it.

In 2004, by then a succesful dentist in Atlanta, his wife is found murdered. He is apparently linked to that crime, which re-opens the case in Augusta, where he is finally charged and convicted for his crime 14 years earlier (actually I think he confessed). I can't remember, but it was a weird story.

Anyone remember "Blanche Taylor Moore" from the Triad area?? She fed her lovers/husbands/fiances arsenic. My family actually knew one of the men she killed. The doctors thought he had the "shingles." They made a TV movie about her, which Lifetime shows again every once in a while.

Link to Crime Library site about infamous "Black Widow" killers

P.S. I agree with you Pillsbury, there's something about those people who like Camaros, I always have a distrust about people who drive them....

Worley's a car guy, he might just have one.. :shok:

Yep, I remember Blanche, and sadly, I've sat and watched the lifetime movie as well. I happened to be working in Rockwall, Texas, on the other side of Lake Ray Hubbard from Rowlett, back when Routier killed her son, and lived only about 5 miles from Yates when she drowned her family. Odd.

^ I don't mind the sympathy angle, some of these guys were tortured as children, it is easy to see why some of them are screwed up, though that doesn't prevent me from thinking they should fry. At any rate, their books should be required reading for school kids, as most of their victims are the same "demographic" - hitchhiking runaways and prostitiutes. Might make someone more careful and wary.

Pee Wee Gaskin's book was called Finalk Truth: Autobiography of a Serial Killer.

I guess I didn't explain the sympathy angle too well. There was a lot in the book about how cold it was in jail, how he didn't have enough to read, and the food was bad. Tough luck.

I do think it is good to learn what makes these guys tick. Maybe a few of them could be turned around if the signs were noticed early enough. I doubt many could, but who knows.

Authorities in Lousiana said today that a man has admitted to killing 23 people in southeast Louisiana in the past 9 years. Ronald J. Dominique told them the locations. He was arrested Friday at a homeless shelter. They say he could be the most prolific serial killer in southeastern United States. A task force had been investigating the deaths of 22 men dating back to the late 1990s. Many of the men were poor and willing to prostitue themselves. They had been strangled without the bruises or broken bones that would indicate a struggle.

An interesting Ted Bundy story----when I lived in Florida I worked with a guy who was an ex Florida state prison guard. And take a guess who he had once guarded over?

Turns out Ted's suave, debonaire onscreen appearances were strictly for the cameras. When the cameras were off, Ted was a living monster. Almost every word that spewed out of his mouth was an obscenity. He shouted at, cursed and threatened almost everyone who came into contact with him.

He was especially abusive to prison staff and threw urine and feces at guards. A plexiglass form had to be constructed around his cage so refuse couldn't be thrown on staff. He essentially lived in a four sided cage, appropriate as he was a monstrous animal trapped in a man's body.

But the piece de resistance was his execution day. While being lead to the electric chair he went berserk, and it took many guards to subdue him and place him in the chair, and he was fighting, screaming and cursing the whole way~~~

Archived