Serial killers

ZachariahDaMan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even in her 30 years of rotting away in a prison, Squeaky Fromme claims to be born again.

I guess that means if she ever gets out, she will quote the Bible as she tries to murder someone else. Hard core murderers like her being born again is such a ludicrous idea.

btw there's a terrific cover story in this week's Science Magazine (Dec.9th edition) titled NO MERCY-exploring psychopathy. A leering Ted Bundy is on the cover, and the article is terrific reading.

• 2 months later...

Zodiac is a great movie, more about Graysmith than Zodiac but that's what makes it good I think.

I read two serial killer books recently. The first one was about David Parker Ray who lived in Truth or Consequences, New Mexico. That is pretty close to where I grew up and I used to pass through it quite often between home and college. Ray had a torture trailer set up on his property called the Toybox. Evidently he would kidnap women and torture them for days then he would drug them with psychotropic drugs and brainwash them to affect their memories. Strange guy and he was sentenced to 200 some years in prison where he died a few years later. The odd thing was that no bodies were ever found related to his torturing, though there was a video of a woman being killed that was inadmissable in court. This book wasn't very good and I read it pretty much because of it's location.

A very well written serial killer book I read is The Night Stalker by Phil Carlo. That is a pretty scary book about a very strange killer, Richard Ramirez. I read this book because I remember the case from when I was a kid and how terrible he seemed back then...not that he isn't terrible now. I just remember when he was caught it was like a real monster was caught. Strange guy. The strangest thing about him isn't his brutality...and he is extremely brutal...but his charisma I guess you would say. He had hundreds of women falling in love with him after he was caught, including one of the jurors in his trial. He married another woman who fell in love with him in court. Freaks. But...and this sounds weird...his likability came through even in the book. Not via anything he said or did or his pictures. He seemed to be a scumbag thief and horrible murderer but there was...something. It's like that deal about evil being attractive. Very spooky guy. After I finished the book I told myself I better read some lighter material for a bit...haha.

Oddly enough, both killers were involved in Satanism though Ramirez to a larger degree.

I read Zodiac years ago and it was pretty good. I plan on reading the Green River Killer book by Rule one day soon. I also want to read the book about Ward Weaver and the two girls he killed, Ashley Pond and Miranda Gaddis. He isn't really a serial killer but the story was a huge deal up here in Portland as it happened in a Portland satelite city. It was very sad and terrible time when the girls were missing and then when they announced the remains being found...just terrible.

I'll probably read the Bundy book as well one day. I like the books that have some local connection.

I hope you guys don't mind me posting of new serial killers popping up whenever I find out about them.

A 48-year-old truck driver was caught on camera disposing a body. He may have killed at least 19 in Spain, France and Germany. The killings took place between 1974 and 2006. He was 15 when he first killed! And I thought Jeffrey Dahmer started early (18).

Another crazy one for you guys to read about is Ed Kemper. At the age of 15 killed his grandparents. He said he "just wanted to see what it felt like to kill Grandma and Grandpa". He was eventually released to his mom but eventually killed her and 7 others. When he was growing up his mom locked him up in the basement (I think that's where it was) because his height was scaring his sisters, he ended up being 6'9'' and 300 pounds.

Lorenzo Gilyard of Kansas City was recently conviced to 6 strangulations. DNA connects him to 13 murders (mostly prostitutes).

Wayne Adam Ford has been sentenced to death in the murders of 4 women in 1997 and 1998. He said: "Most serial killers are proud of their work

Archived