• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MZT

Best side of a Charlotte Residential high rise?

Choose Your Side Preference  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What's the best side of a high rise? (Assume you aren't looking at the city bus yard or a power substation, etc...)

• North (get that Canadian air... don't like being sunburned anyway)
    • East (wake with the sun, watch other building's shadow move in the evening, and other buildings glow sunset colors)
    • South (gotta have that southern exposure. Gimme Light! Light! My plants thank me)
    • West (see the sun setting, the weather roll in, and maybe King's and Crowder's mountains in the ditance...)
    • Nope. I won't be satisfied unless I get a penthouse!

For some reason I decided it was about time I started a poll. Hey I'm at 400+ posts, I've earned it. ;)

I voted West, but SouthWest would be my favorite. I like the idea of seeing sunsets casually every day. Also, there is at least a chance that we'd be able to see the mountains on clear days.

I'd probably be most interested in seeing the skyline, which ever side it was on. I think my favorite would be something like a high floor in 210Trade, where you could view sunsets, mountains, skyline, and be in the heart of the city.

My house's front door faces northeast but the back face's southwest, so at dusk we can watch the sun set from the den and the kitchen, it is quite an incredible sight many days.

I'll admit west is a tempting choice. I voted east though-- I'm a sleepy head. Need that sun to rise me. :lol:

I voted for West...for all the reasons everyone stated already and also because I like watching the airplanes takeoff and land at the airport. During the heavy traffic times there will be 2 lines of planes about 10 deep waiting to land at the airport.

Wow, an old but relevant topic from the dead. I would prefer to have a Southern vantage point oriented more towards the west if possible. Allows for a lot of sun and sunset viewing. Not as interested in seeing the sun come up.

A SW view would be nice due to the sunsets, not having to have the glare of a morning sun rise in your eyes, and a lot of our storms come from the SW if you like to watch the rain roll in.

My choice would be SW but since that's not on the poll, I would go with west. Watching the storms roll in (as stated above), seeing the sunsets and on clear days, probably the outline of the Great Smokey mountains. Ahhhhh......

I'm feeling lucky to be on the 29th floor. I can see the BofA corp towers and the panthers stadium with the mountains in the background...can't quite catch the sunset though (my neighbors get the best of both).

So what is that, SouthWest?