Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scott

ANOTHER Huge Frosty Boston Panorama

14 posts in this topic

Boston from Squantum Neck

Left to right:

Roxbury, Longwood Medical Area, UMASS Boston, the Prudential Tower, IM Pei's JF Kennedy Presidential Library, the John Hancock buildings, the "Grease Pot" vent for the Moon Island sewerage plant, Dorchester Heights in South Boston, downtown Boston and the emerging South Boston Waterfront and the Black Falcon Cruise Ship Terminal.

squantumpano.jpg

Awesome pano! I don't think I've ever seen that perspective of Boston before.

It is interesting how the ice all of sudden just ends and there is an open channel.

I went to the beach in Grand Haven on Saturday, and it was the same way. The ice stretch out about .5 mile from the shore, and beyond that was open water. I'll be posting my pics of that trip here in a few days. :)

Thanks guys! Did I take that?...of course I did!

I did it without a tripod and it was so cold that tears were streaming down my face.

I love Boston, but why in the hell are the two tallest located so far away from the rest of downtown? It looks awful from certain angles.

Oh, verry nicea Scott! ;)

That Winthrop one also reminds me of some good times spent there (in area) long ago, too!

Hey, on a tangent - where is the USS Constitution moored at? I had a chance to get to do work associated with the old beauty (a three year assignment,) but, missed out. Major bummer. Woulda loved it.

"Old Ironsides" is at the Constituition Marina in Charlestown. That and nearby Bunker Hill are standard field trip destinations for millions of local school kids. I've visited her on occasion myself recently!

I think Boston is the most historically important city in the US of A. I think it is the most historical city in the US period. Boston will always be on the top of the totem poll just because the USA we know today basically started right here in Boston.