Massive Riverfront Project

GRDadof3

Do they put research facilities in skysrapers? If this turns out to be a research facility, what might we be looking at? It seems to me that the dollar amounts being thrown around means whatever this thing is, it's gonna be HUGE. Especially if Riverhouse is only going to cost 80 million.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, some of you newcomers may not remember this, but I started this dorky THREAD last May when this certain company was looking to open a new facility. As of yet, this company has not found a new location yet, as far as I know. If this truly is a multi-billion dollar development, it has to contain at least some kind of research IMO. Just a crazy thought.

Alright, some of you newcomers may not remember this, but I started this dorky THREAD last May when this certain company was looking to open a new facility. As of yet, this company has not found a new location yet, as far as I know. If this truly is a multi-billion dollar development, it has to contain at least some kind of research IMO. Just a crazy thought.

This is my first post, so I hope i make a good impression. :)

So lets say this company decides to relocate to GR but sees the low cost of property in the southern edge of GR. Why not only buy land for their offices but also land for surrounding retail, entertainment and housing to attract their employees to this new location. Sounds like a very smart investment. Even with an office building and surrounding entertainment, I still can't imagine billions of dollars. They must have some grandiose plan thought out that will change the landscape of that region. WOW. Could a new train depot be part of this as well? Direct shot to Chicago would be a bonus to anyone working there.

Scott.

Here is a "Googleplex" Link:

http://www.mlive.com/mbusinessreview/stori...609_google.html

Note in the article, which was discussing space in Ann Arbor, what Google looks for:

"The company also seeks a place with a workforce that contains a number of recent college graduates; it also is looking for a vibrant environment that is close to public transportation, according to reports."

And, last bit of information I have found.....Larry Page went to U of M.

Could this really be true????? :blink:

Here is a "Googleplex" Link:

http://www.mlive.com/mbusinessreview/stori...609_google.html

Note in the article, which was discussing space in Ann Arbor, what Google looks for:

"The company also seeks a place with a workforce that contains a number of recent college graduates; it also is looking for a vibrant environment that is close to public transportation, according to reports."

And, last bit of information I have found.....Larry Page went to U of M.

Could this really be true????? :blink:

We had quite an e-mail campaign going to them back in May (ALMOST ONE YEAR AGO). :whistling:

This was the article in the Boston Business Journal:

http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/stories/.../30/story4.html

Notice they were looking for "depressed urban properties"

This is my first post, so I hope i make a good impression. :)

So lets say this company decides to relocate to GR but sees the low cost of property in the southern edge of GR. Why not only buy land for their offices but also land for surrounding retail, entertainment and housing to attract their employees to this new location. Sounds like a very smart investment. Even with an office building and surrounding entertainment, I still can't imagine billions of dollars. They must have some grandiose plan thought out that will change the landscape of that region. WOW. Could a new train depot be part of this as well? Direct shot to Chicago would be a bonus to anyone working there.

Scott.

Quite a first post Scott. Anything else you care to share??? :)

I just had a thought. What if Jack Buchanan's is going after this same "un-named" company for his WAM site project (Split Rock proposal)??? Same confidentiality agreements and meetings with commissioners?? Under negotiations for a year????

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=21379

Archived