Newark Arena

CanesFan98

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know much about the new arena apart from the fact it will be in downtown Newark and have an extension of the Newark City Subway to serve it.

Newark city press release with more info: Newark Breaks Ground on Devils Arena - Oct 3, 2005

From the NJ Devils website, City Unveils Model of Newark/Devils Arena. Click on ""View the Arena Unveiling Photo Gallery" link underneath the first set of photos.

arena5.jpg

I don't know much about the new arena apart from the fact it will be in downtown Newark and have an extension of the Newark City Subway to serve it.

Newark city press release with more info: Newark Breaks Ground on Devils Arena - Oct 3, 2005

From the NJ Devils website, City Unveils Model of Newark/Devils Arena. Click on ""View the Arena Unveiling Photo Gallery" link underneath the first set of photos.

arena5.jpg

Man that's great news for Newark. That is a beautiful arena. I hope this all works out as my family is from Newark, E. Orange, and Montclair. Now if we could only get our plan together and get a team up here everything would be great.

• 6 months later...

Man that's great news for Newark. That is a beautiful arena. I hope this all works out as my family is from Newark, E. Orange, and Montclair. Now if we could only get our plan together and get a team up here everything would be great.

Will it be near Penn Station?

Xanadu isn't killed. It's limping, but not off the table. But there will be a problem with having two big arenas in NNJ (Newark Arena and Continental Airlines Arena) with only one professional sports team that can use an arena. With the Nets moving to Brooklyn after 2010 we'll have too much arena space in NNJ.

• 2 months later...

To each his own. But I stand by my opinion...the signage, the boarded up windows, all make this area look seedy and run down. Newark needs an image change, and these storefronts are reinforcing the negative stereotypes of the city.

At least they can clean up the tops of the buildings. Geez.....

• 2 weeks later...
To each his own. But I stand by my opinion...the signage, the boarded up windows, all make this area look seedy and run down. Newark needs an image change, and these storefronts are reinforcing the negative stereotypes of the city.

At least they can clean up the tops of the buildings. Geez.....

• 10 months later...

Anyone have new pics or been inside yet? I'm trying to schedule a trip up to see a game sometime in Nov. Although I'll miss the Meadowlands with all the memories, I'm looking forward to the Devs having a new home and being part of a city. (and lets hope for a good season, Atlantic division is going to be pretty competitive this year.....)

Great pic, JerseyBoy! You can see portions of the arena between downtown buildings from the Morris-Essex rail line. It looks good. I saw a story in AM New York about security concerns because the arena is very close to the street. I think it said they'll have to put concrete barricades on Mulberry Street and Edison Pl. Can't wait to see crowds gathering for games!

Archived