Cleveland Lakefron Plan

C-town

Here is the site to the final lakefront plan for Cleveland. It is indepth with plans, their ideas, and the whole master plan from the westside all the way to the eastside of the lake. It includes all the new condos, sports facilities, marinas, shopping venues, parks, and more. These current plans were 3 years in the making and have been finalized and some parts of it have actually been started.

Here is the site

http://planning.city.cleveland.oh.us/lakefront/cpc.html

I just checked today (2/21/06 at 3:46 pm EST) and the site was up. Not sure if they do maintenence on theirs servers at night.

You should take a look at the site though because it is pretty indepth with what they want accomplished and how to go about doing that.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link is dead C-Town (Tue. 2/21/06 1:15 EST) might be because I'm a nighthawk (they might be updating their servers).

Good for Cleveland though, for too long the lakefront has been the unpolished diamond of the city, great job incorporating it into the R&R Hall of fame!

Link is dead C-Town (Tue. 2/21/06 1:15 EST) might be because I'm a nighthawk (they might be updating their servers).

Good for Cleveland though, for too long the lakefront has been the unpolished diamond of the city, great job incorporating it into the R&R Hall of fame!

Sry if it didn't work earlier.

It should be working now if any of you could't get the site to work earlier.

Everything was downloading fine tonight even if the master one took some time. The plans they have are awesome and I hope they come to fruition. So many times I have seen where greedy developers get their hands on real estate because the city did not plan out an area and then things have to to be piece milled together. Great to see Cleveland is thinking ahead. :thumbsup:

I agree urbanv, and great link C-Town. When all this comes to fruition Cleveland will really have a gateway coming off the lake like never before. Kudos to the city and regional leaders for sticking with this and bringing it to the forefront.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah this will be great when it is finished or for that matter startes. Speaking of... what is the timeline for completeion of all this. I know the Port authority is already trying to move so developmet can happen around the Stadium, and there are a few developments being built as well as the W Shoreway being redesigned, but when will the majority be under construction?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Anyone know how the lakefront plan is coming along? My mom & stepdad are too busy to know how it is coming along. She has told me that she's noticed more people riding the rapid into dt though. She catches the far east end of the lake line in Shaker Hts, and works in the Terminal Tower, but anyways, I think that is a positive thing if ridership is starting to increase.

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone know how the lakefront plan is coming along? My mom & stepdad are too busy to know how it is coming along. She has told me that she's noticed more people riding the rapid into dt though. She catches the far east end of the lake line in Shaker Hts, and works in the Terminal Tower, but anyways, I think that is a positive thing if ridership is starting to increase.

That's great to hear about the shoreway. That freeway is useless anyway, and it cut off access to the lake shore big time. I'm glad someone finally is going to do that. Will it be a grand boulavard all the way to I-90 or not? I assume they can't do that to I-90 at all.

Archived