Air Rights

ChiefJoJo

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a few questions. First, the Lafayette. All i have seen is the same pic and no other news about the project. what is goin on? when can we expect designs/renderings, and a construction timeline?

next, is the building on the corner of Martin and Wilmington. the N&O said that a company is tryin to purchase more space and the air rights to the parking structure to make way for a tower. is this the mystery tower, and is the design on the front page the actual design for the tower?

and finally i was reading somewhere that city leaders were trying to talk to the developers of the RBC HQ and their architects about the design of the building being too boxy and maybe pushing height. is this true?

I thought the same thing when I saw the article yesterday. I looks like it could be the actual design given that it is 20-stories. If it is, it looks good and doesn't have brick. :)

a few questions. First, the Lafayette. All i have seen is the same pic and no other news about the project. what is goin on? when can we expect designs/renderings, and a construction timeline?

next, is the building on the corner of Martin and Wilmington. the N&O said that a company is tryin to purchase more space and the air rights to the parking structure to make way for a tower. is this the mystery tower, and is the design on the front page the actual design for the tower?

and finally i was reading somewhere that city leaders were trying to talk to the developers of the RBC HQ and their architects about the design of the building being too boxy and maybe pushing height. is this true?

The more I look at the RBC rendering, ther more I think they ought to add a little height to it. Afterall, they want it to be prominent and adding some height to it will certainly do this. A less boxy design would be nicer.

I thought the same thing when I saw the article yesterday. I looks like it could be the actual design given that it is 20-stories. If it is, it looks good and doesn't have brick. :)

The more I look at the RBC rendering, ther more I think they ought to add a little height to it. Afterall, they want it to be prominent and adding some height to it will certainly do this. A less boxy design would be nicer.

I think the overall design is horrible. I wish they would come up with something higher and not a combination of the two progress energy buildings.

I think the overall design is horrible. I wish they would come up with something higher and not a combination of the two progress energy buildings.

Are we talking about the same thing? The 20-story residential development in the paper the other day. I don't think it looks like the Progress buildings.

Archived