Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neo

Google Maps [NIGHT]

9 posts in this topic

It just always amazes me how dark North Korea is.

What about Mongolia or almost all of Africa?

Well, that doesn't amaze me.

The reason I'm amazed by North Korea, is because of the proximity of other nations that are well developed, including China. North Korea is an island of darkness in a sea of light (literally).

The lights even reveals Charlotte, the Triad and Triangle in NC. The large and medium sized cities throughout the country appear to have a denser blob light. You can kinda make out interstate routes as well.

What I've always found fascinating is how the cities American Plains are laid out on a grid. This is very obvious in looking at the night view and observing where the city lights are. As for Florida: I think they actually missed a spot along the coast. They should hurry up and develop it before someone else does. :rofl:

What I've always found fascinating is how the cities American Plains are laid out on a grid.

It does make an interesting pattern. Most of those are cities and towns that grew up along railroad routes, which follow a grid, more or less.

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing this site with us Neo!

Some places you can zoom in to the point where you can see very detailed street level imagery, Memphis for example, where you can zoom in enough to see road paint lines for parking, turn lanes, etc.