Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gs3

Spartanburg Downtown

10 posts in this topic

Great pictures!

I really like the presence that Johnson's new bulidings have on E Main combined with the newly rennovated Duke Power building. I think its the Mary Black Foundation. Though I must say that the rendering there makes the building look smaller than it does on the street.

I really like the First Presbyterian complex across Main. Probably the best architectural display in the whole city - that's saying alot, since Spartanburg has a tremendous collection of architectually pleasing designs.

i really love the architecture of the Church of the Advent. First Pres is really nice too. I like the consistency of Johnsons' new buildings. I think it ties the "look" of the city together when you explore the city and see these buildings that are similar in architecture. Plus I just really like the style of architecture and the fact that it reflects the architecture of the textile mills that were the economic foundation of the city for so long.

I really like the QS-1 building too even though I wish they had built it taller. It would be great if someone could post a picture of the recently renovated Mary Black Foundation building.

I agree. Both of those churches are nice. 2nd Pres is nice too. Its one of the older church buildings in Spartanburg I think. 1st Pres has moved a couple of times in its history.

another church with nice architecture is the episcopal churh downtown on church st. I think it's right beside the montgomery building.

central united methodist is beside the montgomery building-- the first church in sptbg :)

church doesnt mean building, but you're right it's the oldest church just not in that same building, i dont think it is the oldest sanctuary