Virginia is for Lovers

TBurban

Do any other Virginia cities have something comparable?
As far as city parks go Newport News City Park has everyone east if the Mississippi River beat with its 8,000 acres. As for "gardens" I think the only other one in Hampton Roads would be Colonial Williamsburg.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as city parks go Newport News City Park has everyone east if the Mississippi River beat with its 8,000 acres. As for "gardens" I think the only other one in Hampton Roads would be Colonial Williamsburg.

We need to put Sea Shore state park, Va Living museum and some other things. I will have to dig it up and post it

Speaking of city parks... how could I have forgotten to mention Richmond's James River Park System....

The James River Park System was recently named the Best Urban Park in the Country. It is also home to the Best Urban Whitewater in the U.S. and makes Richmond the only U.S. city with Class IV rapids within the city limits.

City of Richmond - James River Park Website

James River Park offers opportunities for canoeing, kayaking, jogging, swimming, hiking, rock-climbing, fishing, boating, sunning, bird -watching, and nature study, many within a few blocks of the City

Archived