What would you like to see in a Downtown Retail Project?

snoogit

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only downside to such a regional attraction is that it would probably come with a parking ramp the size of Kentucky. <_<

Gotta take the good with the bad I suppose... :thumbsup:

. . . . always forgetting about TRANSIT-ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT aren't we in GR? A direct rail link to the venue would reduce parking need significantly.

. . . . always forgetting about TRANSIT-ORIENTED DEVELOPMENT aren't we in GR? A direct rail link to the venue would reduce parking need significantly.

Call me a cynic, but I don't see rail helping that much. While such a development should be designed to accomodate rail (after all, its just good planning), I would venture to say that 95% of patrons would still drive there, at least until rail comes to GR, which is probably at least 10-15 years away. And, assuming GR does eventually get a rail line or two, the bulk of people will still drive. It sucks, I know, but thats just the way it is. Unless gas goes up to $9 a gallon. ;)

Call me a cynic, but I don't see rail helping that much. While such a development should be designed to accomodate rail (after all, its just good planning), I would venture to say that 95% of patrons would still drive there, at least until rail comes to GR, which is probably at least 10-15 years away. And, assuming GR does eventually get a rail line or two, the bulk of people will still drive. It sucks, I know, but thats just the way it is. Unless gas goes up to $9 a gallon. ;)

. . . . that's the beauty of gas being finite . . . . it's days are numbered.

maybe cars won't run on gas by then :ph34r::whistling:

actually by the time we turn into gas humanity will probably have gone extinct and some new civilization would have formed. Unless humans move out into space and colonize other planets, thus spreading us out to avoid extinction.

actually by the time we turn into gas humanity will probably have gone extinct and some new civilization would have formed. Unless humans move out into space and colonize other planets, thus spreading us out to avoid extinction.

With some of the older men that I work with, I think they are already in the process of turning into gas. :sick:

Archived