Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRCentro

Salta, Argentina

13 posts in this topic

These photos don't do proper justice to the beautiful city, but here are a few of mine from Salta, Argentina. Enjoy!

27595ef8.jpg

fa995a32.jpg

f06cde96.jpg

76186cf6.jpg

96a7c1bc.jpg

46e0dd25.jpg

b449bcf0.jpg

24561f30.jpg

840b9634.jpg

575d4993.jpg

063f4369.jpg

906c56b2.jpg

I agree, nice pics and that's some really nice architecture going on there. :thumbsup:

HERMOSA SALTA !!

LINDAS FOTOS ! gracias por compartirlas.

BEAUTY and RICH ARCHITECTURE, thank for share

Nice pictures. I remember a gondola going to an absolutely awesome park on the top of the hill (from which I believe your last photo was taken). Salta is an astoundingly beautiful and very friendly city. I would like to visit there again!

Thanks for the compliments!

The old architecture of Argentina is very beautiful. Back when the country was in its prime, many wealthy people hired Italian and French architects to build for them. Just another reflection of the huge European influence there.

Nice pictures. I remember a gondola going to an absolutely awesome park on the top of the hill (from which I believe your last photo was taken). Salta is an astoundingly beautiful and very friendly city. I would like to visit there again!

Yes, there is a gondola that goes up to a hilltop park. What a beautiful vista! (On the day I took that photo though, I was on horse back ;) ) Are you familiar with any other parts of Argentina?

Coming from Peru through Bolivia, the European influence in Salta was striking. Your comments about the architecture are very interesting because it felt like an old boom town that never experienced the decline that most comparable american cities experienced in the economic turmoil of the 80's (i.e. sprawl, flight). Despite arriving in the wake of the serious currency crisis the area was safe, affluent and VERY friendly. I enjoyed Cordoba very much as well and was blown away by the size of Buenos Aires (also beautiful). B.A. still reminds me of New Orleans very much.

Here's a travel section story about Salta in the Sunday, March 19th Philly Inquirer.

Here's a travel section story about Salta in the Sunday, March 19th Philly Inquirer.

Nice write-up, thanks for posting it. I'm glad to see that such beautiful places like Salta are becoming recognized.

I laughed when I read about the coca leaves. Yes, it is sold in little bags everywhere! Try explaining that while going back through customs! :blush:

I'm glad you posted these pictures. I love Salta, and I think it is one of the most charming cities in the Americas. I hope this encourages more people to visit the city.

great photos, i wouldnt mind stealing some of those buildings and bringing them back to my town!