Clear Creek Office Park

masons_dad1

This project could potentially be the biggest Mixed-Use we see in Northwest Arkansas until some of the others like Park West in Fayetteville and Park Central in Rogers are completed. Clear Creek already has Clear Creek Tower One, a 60,000 square-foot, four-story office/retail tower, and Clear Creek Apartments, a 232-unit luxury apartment complex. Technically, only 100+ apartments are completed with Phase 2 to be completed this year.

Clear Creek Office Park will consist of four quadrants located on the I-540/Great Springs Road interchange. The master plan for Clear Creek Office Park calls for numerous office buildings located in the northeast quadrant. These properties will range from one-story, 10,000 square-foot buildings to 60,000 square-foot, four-story towers similar to Clear Creek Tower One. There will also be a 10,000 square-foot office/retail building located on the southeast quadrant.

West of the interchange, in the northwest quadrant, plans call for 13 office buildings ranging from 7,500 square-foot one-story properties and 2 four-story towers measuring approximately 80,000 square-feet and two restaurants. Flanking the northwest quadrant will be Clear Creek Club, a planned community, located on approximately 430 acres, which will include 220 home sites and 18-hole Clear Creek Golf Club, a private golf-course. The southwest quadrant contains the Willow Creek Women's Hospital.

The location on I-540 will make Clear Creek Office Park one of the metro

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

masons_dad1, is there a link to their plan map? On their website, I only see the Clear Creek subdivision.

I'm no architect by far, but I always thought that tower and those apartments looked out of place in that area. From memory (can't tell this from the pics) it seemed like they had a lot of cut and fill, which sort of rescinds (for lack of a better term) the natural beauty of the area IMO. This is in contrast to James at the Mill. But maybe it'll turn out nice.

masons_dad1, is there a link to their plan map? On their website, I only see the Clear Creek subdivision.

I'm no architect by far, but I always thought that tower and those apartments looked out of place in that area. From memory (can't tell this from the pics) it seemed like they had a lot of cut and fill, which sort of rescinds (for lack of a better term) the natural beauty of the area IMO. This is in contrast to James at the Mill. But maybe it'll turn out nice.

I'm not saying it's a bad development but I admit it does seem to stand out a bit considering it's in Johnson. It might seem more fitting in another area. But I guess it does show that Johnson is more than just James at the Mill.

Hooray, another fine example of Sprawl in action in NWA.

The only tenant that I can think of that is going in the office buildings is Chambers Bank.

I like sprawl. It spreads people out instead of being so packed in. I know it causes some problems, but so does being too dense. We only live on 5% of the land in America..that means 95% of the land is undeveloped. I know we don't want to develop too much and a lot of the land is not developable...but I think we do have room to spread out some more without problems.

I like sprawl. It spreads people out instead of being so packed in. I know it causes some problems, but so does being too dense. We only live on 5% of the land in America..that means 95% of the land is undeveloped. I know we don't want to develop too much and a lot of the land is not developable...but I think we do have room to spread out some more without problems.

I think sprawl does cause problems. It causes serious transportation problems and we're talking about a metro that's already having transportation problems. Sprawl is just going to make it worse. Density isn't the bad dirty word a lot of people make it out to be. I've been to quite a few meetings where density was mentioned quite a bit. There were quite a few pics showing dense neighborhoods that a lot of people found very nice. It's just my opinion but I think a mixed-use neighborhoods and the traditional neighborhood formats work much better than today's sprawl.

^ Guys. You're missing the whole point of this project. Clear Creek is going to be a walkable Mixed-Use community that will actually help clear up traffic congestion. So will Park West and Park Central and many other Mixed-Use projects planned for the area. What makes this project unique is that it is centered directly on I-540 and not some arterial road connected to I-540. Shadow Valley in Rogers is an example of bad development that feeds sprawl. It'll basically be several hundred homes on 3/4 to 3 acre lots with no commercial, retail, restaurants or anything within real walking distance. With Clear Creek the first thing they built overlooking Clear Creek Tower One is Clear Creek Apartments, which right now is halfway completed with over a hundred "upscale" apartments.

^ Guys. You're missing the whole point of this project. Clear Creek is going to be a walkable Mixed-Use community that will actually help clear up traffic congestion. So will Park West and Park Central and many other Mixed-Use projects planned for the area. What makes this project unique is that it is centered directly on I-540 and not some arterial road connected to I-540. Shadow Valley in Rogers is an example of bad development that feeds sprawl. It'll basically be several hundred homes on 3/4 to 3 acre lots with no commercial, retail, restaurants or anything within real walking distance. With Clear Creek the first thing they built overlooking Clear Creek Tower One is Clear Creek Apartments, which right now is halfway completed with over a hundred "upscale" apartments.

You are right about that. I guess the only complaint I could still have is their use of space. After seeing a lot of diagrams and renderings on mixed-use developments from Dover-Kohl spacing is the only problem I see. But still a mixed-use development is still a step in the right direction.

You are right about that. I guess the only complaint I could still have is their use of space. After seeing a lot of diagrams and renderings on mixed-use developments from Dover-Kohl spacing is the only problem I see. But still a mixed-use development is still a step in the right direction.

I'm not sure what spacing problems the project might have, but it's location on all sides of the I540/Great Springs Road interchange will allow them plenty of space. As for aesthetics I believe it'll be one of the more natural Mixed-Uses in the area. Just from driving by the site shows me there's plenty of trees and natural geography left untouched. Although the project is really only in it's very early stage and has 5-10 years to go to be completed.

I'm not sure what spacing problems the project might have, but it's location on all sides of the I540/Great Springs Road interchange will allow them plenty of space. As for aesthetics I believe it'll be one of the more natural Mixed-Uses in the area. Just from driving by the site shows me there's plenty of trees and natural geography left untouched. Although the project is really only in it's very early stage and has 5-10 years to go to be completed.

I think I'm just really focused on the more dense forms of mixed-use developments I've seen the Dover-Kohl team use for Fayetteville. But I guess I shouldn't expect the type proposed for future use in Fayetteville to be for everyone in the NWA metro. I'm sure there are areas not wanting the type of density Fayetteville is trying to push for. But basically you don't have buildings setback off the roads. You put the buildings right on the street front and you infill the center of the block with parking. Makes the area seem a lot nicer when you can't see all the parking from the street level. But I'm just being picky. As I said before any mixed-use development in the area is still a step in the right direction.

I think I'm just really focused on the more dense forms of mixed-use developments I've seen the Dover-Kohl team use for Fayetteville. But I guess I shouldn't expect the type proposed for future use in Fayetteville to be for everyone in the NWA metro. I'm sure there are areas not wanting the type of density Fayetteville is trying to push for. But basically you don't have buildings setback off the roads. You put the buildings right on the street front and you infill the center of the block with parking. Makes the area seem a lot nicer when you can't see all the parking from the street level. But I'm just being picky. As I said before any mixed-use development in the area is still a step in the right direction.

I fully agree with you. But then this is Johnson we're talking about and I'd rather see this kind of project being built than hundreds of single-family homes all over Johnson. For Fayetteville and some of the other cities I'd much rather see high density residential and mixed-use in downtown than scattered around town.

I know MasonsDad, it's just they could have done a much better job in making this project a more "mixed use communtiy" instead of spreading it out. Plus, they could have done this project next to other mixed use developments in NWA to help get centralization.

I know MasonsDad, it's just they could have done a much better job in making this project a more "mixed use communtiy" instead of spreading it out. Plus, they could have done this project next to other mixed use developments in NWA to help get centralization.

I guess part of this goes back to getting all the cities and towns for that matter working together. A development like this might be better in another area but I have a hard time telling areas that they can't build something to try to better their community.

I guess part of this goes back to getting all the cities and towns for that matter working together. A development like this might be better in another area but I have a hard time telling areas that they can't build something to try to better their community.

We are talking about Johnson Arkansas here guys. The entire town practically consists of one main road. And besides Clear Creek Office Park will only be maybe 1 1/2 miles north of Park West, 1 1/2 miles south of the new Baseball Stadium in Springdale and about 1 1/2 miles from Northwest Arkansas Mall. They really couldn't have done a better job choosing their location.

We are talking about Johnson Arkansas here guys. The entire town practically consists of one main road. And besides Clear Creek Office Park will only be maybe 1 1/2 miles north of Park West, 1 1/2 miles south of the new Baseball Stadium in Springdale and about 1 1/2 miles from Northwest Arkansas Mall. They really couldn't have done a better job choosing their location.

That is an interesting point there. I hadn't thought how all the future development in both Fayetteville and Springdale near that area might affect Johnson.

• 9 months later...

I thought I'd revive this topic since more of the Clear Creek development is under construction. Although the entire Clear Creek development isn't an office park, it is a mixed-use including future office buildings, an apartment community, a large subdivision, a shopping center, a park and a medical center. So far the medical center, apartment community and an office building are built with part of the shopping center currently under construction. The shopping center will simply be known as The Shoppes at the Mill.

Here's some render of the the Clear Creek Retail development and an aeraial of the overall development:

320235504_7d3ca8a564_o.jpg

320235505_d25449221c_o.jpg

320235506_7172be6821_o.jpg

320235503_bc47e6f30b_o.png

320235501_1256d067c0_o.png

Archived