Who do we like for Governor?

Yankee Fan

Governor Poll  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we like for Governor?

• Dick DeVos
    • Jennifer Granholm
    • Other

Let's face it. It's not evil to be rich. Their success has helped all of us. A rising tide rises all ships. Give him a chance to help Michigan as Governor!! :yahoo:

Its not so much that he is a good business person, there are lots of good business people that don't share his troglodytic views on social issues. Its the school vouchers things, the Betsy Devos connection, the fear that Devos would be more for invading our personal lives and decisions on a state level then Granholm would.

Face it today the social dictators of this country, or the people who want to control everything you see read and do is not the Democratic party. The Republican party has been increasingly infringing on our personal rights, and freedoms for the past 12 years. I for one am not happy with this development. If Devos could prove to be a more libertarian canidate then I would vote for him. But as it stands right now, its not the money I fear about Devos, its my own personal freedom I worry about, and the freedom of others to be able to choose what they want to do.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know in the event both or all the candidates are crap, which early on it appears to be, you can just excersise your right to not vote. I think after seeing more of the Devos videos and his camp not answering my simple questions, plus Granholm's lack of involvment for us West-siders, I will be absent in the voting booth.

I'll vote republican, but why does the DeVos team need to call me every other night asking for money. My response: "You want ME to give Dick DeVos MONEY? Ha Ha Ha Ha!"

That's one of the things I love about Voice Over IP. I get none of those annoying solicitations. At least they're not selling you motivational/inspirational videos and materials.

You know in the event both or all the candidates are crap, which early on it appears to be, you can just excersise your right to not vote. I think after seeing more of the Devos videos and his camp not answering my simple questions, plus Granholm's lack of involvment for us West-siders, I will be absent in the voting booth.

What about Rizzo for Gov?

I'll write you in...

DEVOS NEEDS TO STOP TALKING LIKE A ROBOT IN HIS COMMERCIALS

All he needs to do is start flopping his arms like the robot in "Lost in Space".

no it's a fact, I'm sure you can find it, the city votes Democrat, leans liberal, it's surrounded by red.

The registered voters in Grand Rapids are as follows:

Democrat: 40.190%

Republican: 58.854%

Independant Liberal: .623%

Independant Conservative: .333%

Independant Other: 0.000%

ok this may be beating a dead horse, but hood and I have been going back and forth on this,

election results for the city of Grand Rapids 2004

Bush 36115

Kerry 45794

I don't know much about registered voters, but I knew!

that in the past couple of elections the city has gone blue

my source: Michigan Dept of State Election Results

yes Kent county went red by a fair margin. The point I was only trying to make was that, the city has moderated. I feel that this will work from the inside out. As more people with different views move to the area I think it will moderate the political arena over here. Making it more balanced.

Troglodytic:

1. A member of a fabulous or prehistoric race of people that lived in caves, dens, or holes.

2. A person considered to be reclusive, reactionary, out of date, or brutish.

1. An anthropoid ape, such as a gorilla or chimpanzee.

2. An animal that lives underground, as an ant or a worm.

Cool word. Cetainly doesn't describe Dick if you know him but very cool word!

I am sort of surprised that neither of these candidates are trying to get actively involved in the big development. I know that, when questioned, Granholm said that she would work with them and the state in any way that benefited the generation of jobs, but I am perplexed that neither of them are really trying to take advantage/get involved in the dialogue. Maybe they are behind the scenes; who knows.

Archived