163 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we like for Governor?

• Dick DeVos
    • Jennifer Granholm
    • Other

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree the term is best used for someone more diserving. Not to throw hydrogen on the fire but Devos is reactionary. People of ideology are always reactionary, that is how ideology survives.

Hydrogen doesn't do anything to a fire. It disperses so quickly into the air even if it could catch fire it wouldn't ;)

BTW the Hindenburg fire (The one which causes most people to think of Hydrogen as highly flammable) was caused not by the hydrogen in the blimp, but the paint on the blimp that used back then. Its chemically similar to Kerosene.

I agree the term is best used for someone more diserving. Not to throw hydrogen on the fire but Devos is reactionary. People of ideology are always reactionary, that is how ideology survives.

5 bonus points to anyone who can tell me where the term "reationary" originated.

Troglodytic:

1. A member of a fabulous or prehistoric race of people that lived in caves, dens, or holes.

2. A person considered to be reclusive, reactionary, out of date, or brutish.

1. An anthropoid ape, such as a gorilla or chimpanzee.

2. An animal that lives underground, as an ant or a worm.

Cool word. Cetainly doesn't describe Dick if you know him but very cool word!

5 points.

^I hope you're laying on the sarcasm like mayonaise on a BK Chicken sandwich.

Reactionary at the root is defined as the pull from an extream, the more extream the more reactionary. Devos is a reactionary to Liberalism, or non-conservatives. Ideology can not exists unless there is one extream.

BTW- Bush is part of an elite organisation known simply as a Skulls and Bones. So elite that most of the members also some of the most powerful people in America and the World. It has also been speculated that these "Bones," are helping to create a New World Order, not just the Liberals. Its right in front of you. :ph34r:

^I hope you're laying on the sarcasm like mayonaise on a BK Chicken sandwich.

Thats a Big Bucking Chicken right there.

and "reactionary" usually means someone who reacts to situations instead of planning for them. Usually planners turn out better then reactionists.

Just got done seeing that BK Chicken commerical, I wonder if that chicken needs mayo'n?

thats why libs a cons loose and win battles.

Oh god don't say that to Buger King.

Next thing you know theres going to be a Mayo Cannon in a BK commercial, and its gonna be all kinds of nasty.

I am fully aware of Bush's commitment to the New World Order. We have been sold out by both parties on that issue.

"reactionary" usually means someone who reacts to situations instead of planning for them.

That has no relevance when used in a political context. Obviously, the Reactionaries did plan for the situation or else you'd be a lampshade.

"...and let me remind you, that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Let me remind you also, that moderation in the persuit of justice is no virtue."

I didn't call you a communist, I just asked you if you were. Because in all actuality, the communist agenda has a lot of positive things to offer.

I don't consider myself a communist, because I feel that a free market can provide good to the people as long as it is kept in check, and is balanced fairly. A Keynesian if you will.

Archived