Tallahassee Voices

DaiDreamer5

I have been doing surveys with Tallahassee voices for a while (before I joined here). I found out about it on the Tallahassee Democrat website. Most of the time, it is questions about how we feel about current events, but this time it was about how we feel about the Tallahassee community.

I don't know if anyone else here is a member or not. I often wondered what they did with the info they collect (some of the questions were sort of slanted at times).

Here is the latest email I got:

Please complete this short TallahasseeVoices survey on "The State of Our

Community."

Click on the link below to begin:

(Link removed because it won't work)

If the link does not work, carefully copy and paste the address to your

browser.

Email [email protected] if you have any questions or problems.

Thank you!

*TallahasseeVoices is a pro bono experiment in democracy sponsored by

Kerr and

Downs Research.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DaiDreamer5 I've been doing this Tally Voices survey since it began. I'm a little cofused by your post, is what you copied all you got from them this week? Was it just blank like that? I have NOT received any survey from at all this week or even last week, of course my anti-spam super star wars type shield could be eating it, but it usually lets it through. I'll go dig in my spam file just to make sure.

I'm not sure exactly what they do w/the results, but I do know they usually print some if not all of the results in the newspaper usually in the editorial section. I've only seen the results on the printed newspaper (I don't subscribe to it, but I do see it often) and never online on the webpage.

DaiDreamer5 I've been doing this Tally Voices survey since it began. I'm a little cofused by your post, is what you copied all you got from them this week? Was it just blank like that? I have NOT received any survey from at all this week or even last week, of course my anti-spam super star wars type shield could be eating it, but it usually lets it through. I'll go dig in my spam file just to make sure.

I'm not sure exactly what they do w/the results, but I do know they usually print some if not all of the results in the newspaper usually in the editorial section. I've only seen the results on the printed newspaper (I don't subscribe to it, but I do see it often) and never online on the webpage.

No, there was a link. I removed it because I believe that it wouldn't work since I already too the survey. This is the first survey I recieved in a few weeks.

• 5 months later...

I just got a new survey today. It mentioned the idea that has be going around about 8 cents sales tax for the uninsured. I was sort of divided on this subject.

what do you guys think?

8 cents or 8 percent (%)? Either way. Im not for raising taxes. Enough of my money goes toward welfare and stuff, I prefer to keep money that I work for. But then again Im not completely informed on the proposal.

One day I will find the proof, but Tally has one the, if not the, lowest uninsured rates in the state. What a shock via state workers. Just the fact this tax hike is even considered really pisses me off.

what will piss you off more is that tallahassee will be a beacon for the uninsured. need some free healthcare? head to tallahassee.... this is a can of worms that once opened is going to turn into a HUGE (and expensive) mess.... silly liberals. :P

what will piss you off more is that tallahassee will be a beacon for the uninsured. need some free healthcare? head to tallahassee.... this is a can of worms that once opened is going to turn into a HUGE (and expensive) mess.... silly liberals. :P

Watch it. I'm a liberal and I'm also not supporting this. Don't generalize. :P

Watch it. I'm a liberal and I'm also not supporting this. Don't generalize. :P

sometimes it hard not too... but i'll try to be more discerning. :)

any way you look at it, it will not be a positive for tallahassee/leon county as a whole. very business unfriendly.

also, according to a Florida Health Insurance Study, Leon County had a 7.7% uninsured rate, which was the LOWEST of the counties the study covered.

Other areas of interest:

Jefferson: 20.7

Gadsden: 36.2

Wakulla: 19.9

I went to an open house last week with commissioner proctor and many residents of the city's southside and believe it or not, us liberals are not in favor of this proposal. There was a decisive absence of support for the proposal at this meeting.

well i hope the lack of support at the meeting turns into a lack of support at the ballot box! :)

sometimes it hard not too... but i'll try to be more discerning. :)

any way you look at it, it will not be a positive for tallahassee/leon county as a whole. very business unfriendly.

also, according to a Florida Health Insurance Study, Leon County had a 7.7% uninsured rate, which was the LOWEST of the counties the study covered.

Other areas of interest:

Jefferson: 20.7

Gadsden: 36.2

Wakulla: 19.9

Thanks for the stats. I knew we had the lowest rate and that is why I can't figure out how anyone can think this is a good idea. I mean, how can anyone actually be for it outside of the 7.7%?

I went to an open house last week with commissioner proctor and many residents of the city's southside and believe it or not, us liberals are not in favor of this proposal. There was a decisive absence of support for the proposal at this meeting.

TJ, the Tallahassee Voices Survey really backs up all you have stated. It appears that public support for the just passed resolution is non-existent. Sooooooooooooo, who really is out of touch with the pulse of the community????? What a waste of time and money. :angry:

did the county commission approve the $150,000.00 they planned to use to "educate" the public about the health care tax? did anyone attend the special meeting? thanks!

Yep they did 4-3 w/Sauls, Grippa and Depuy voting against it. No I did not attend.

Yep they did 4-3 w/Sauls, Grippa and Depuy voting against it. No I did not attend.

That means Winchester, Thaell, Proctor, and Ratcliff voted in favor.

I'll only be voting for one of these fellas anyway, just out of tradition. I'm very disappointed in this vote to waste $150,000 that probably would have been better used for more immediate assistance to families needing healthcare rather than send two pieces of junk mail to our homes.

Who cares about the community? Or who's trying to do what they THINK is politically popular?

I'm voting for people who make money wise, growth wise, business wise decisions and frankly few of the sittin county commissioners fit the bill. We need major change in Leon County!

Archived