Tallahassee Voices

DaiDreamer5

• 7 months later...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Survey out today about Local issues. They were asking a lot of questions about Dupey's involvement with the Summerfield thing and about giving incentives to attract businesses.

I always found these survey questions interesting. For example, it asks about if you agree with giving Piper x amount of money. Then it asks again "are you sure? if you divide it by the number of jobs, it is 60 grand of Tax payer money a job."

I have taken many survey classes in college and it's the sort of thing that makes me wonder...

New Survey out today about Local issues. They were asking a lot of questions about Dupey's involvement with the Summerfield thing and about giving incentives to attract businesses.

I always found these survey questions interesting. For example, it asks about if you agree with giving Piper x amount of money. Then it asks again "are you sure? if you divide it by the number of jobs, it is 60 grand of Tax payer money a job."

I have taken many survey classes in college and it's the sort of thing that makes me wonder...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

New Survey about Iranians. I almost didn't finish this one. Thank god for the "I don't know" choice...

"Please answer as you think a typical Iranian would answer. A random survey of 1000 Iranians was conducted by telephone by Terror Free Tomorrow. We'll see how well the TallahasseeVoices panel can predict how Iranians think on key issues. "

If I get a few more surveys like this, I might drop from the Tallahassee Voices Project. I answer surveys to help give the panel an idea on how people in Tallahassee feel, not fufill a politcal agenda.

^I just finished that "odd" survey too. It was one of the longest surveys they have done or at least it felt that way. I really thought that since it was a non-Tally survey that it would very short, boy was I wrong. Of all the stuff going on in our community, they chose this crazy topic. Something tells me one of the folks that operate the surveys must be doing a Master's Thesis or something.

I was just clicking answers by the end to just finish the darn thing. I hopefully this will be the last of this type of survey we'll see from them since I bet they will have a much lower survey completion percentage and I bet many people will write them in the comment box and complain about it.......I almost did.

I think the Voices Survey is a nice tool and many times fun to do, so I hope you don't give up on them DD5 after this awful survey.

• 2 months later...

DD5, you've just reminded me! I've got a little story to tell about KCCI. I'd love to take the survey, but even more, I'd like to share with you all that one of the initiatives has unfortunately folded (Jump Start Tallahassee: a program designed to create business incubators). Reasons cited for the folding are a decline in participation and some "creative differences". Meanwhile, there are opportunities for those catalyst to join other groups or start a new group of their own, including myself. I'm thinking about creating a group called "UPdowntown" (designed to help Clean UP, Spruce UP, and Talk UP Downtown development and activities! Would anyone here be interested in being a part of it?

Archived