SoDo

patriot06

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look back on page 1 of this topic, the drawing looks like there are ramps to rooftop parking for every building, not just the Target. There is one or two buildings like this at the Florida Mall facing Sand Lake Road (with a furniture store I believe). There is also a place like this in Kendall at the MetroRail station (across the street). Free parking for the locals going into downtown Miami and don't want to die a slow death on US 1.

I'm confused. I thought he was saying that there was one in Buckhead that has a garage on the rooftop? If that is the case, I take back my comment. It would be very interesting to see how they incorprate the parking. I imagine we wouldn't be seeing the standard Target tilt wall system that have made there infamous quick construction impact on the region.

Sunshine, why dont you post that good ole site plan when you get a chance?

wow. if I'm reading it correctly, the diagram says structured parking above 2 levels. how about that? that place is going to be the shiznit! How close are the RR tracks to this thing, and also, how close would the ORMC/ Amtrak station be to it? Can someone do a google earth snapshot showing this lot and the hospital area?

alright. I answered my own question. this thing is going to abut the tracks. it appears there is an old drive in movie theatre where the target is supposed to go. the Amtrak station is a few blocks north, though. Lucerne drive is a direct connect. that drive in was a surprise. this is a huge project. this is going to be impressive.

alright. I answered my own question. this thing is going to abut the tracks. it appears there is an old drive in movie theatre where the target is supposed to go. the Amtrak station is a few blocks north, though. Lucerne drive is a direct connect. that drive in was a surprise. this is a huge project. this is going to be impressive.

So, it looks from the site plan that those 3 restaurant buildings (KFC, the chicken place & Taco Hell) fronting Orange Avenue are staying. I suppose that's good. I figured they were history.

On one hand, I always like to see still sturdy existing buildings reused rather than demolished, but on the other hand, it would be nice to see new development coming all the way out to the street.

As long as they refurbish them and they reopen as something decent, I'll be OK with it.

my original comment referring to the buckhead target was not about parking really, although that building also has a parking garage. my question was regarding Target itself. I wanted to know if the store was two stories with the shopping cart elevator? anybodyh have pics of the buchead target complex to show the others?

my original comment referring to the buckhead target was not about parking really, although that building also has a parking garage. my question was regarding Target itself. I wanted to know if the store was two stories with the shopping cart elevator? anybodyh have pics of the buchead target complex to show the others?

So, it looks from the site plan that those 3 restaurant buildings (KFC, the chicken place & Taco Hell) fronting Orange Avenue are staying. I suppose that's good. I figured they were history.

On one hand, I always like to see still sturdy existing buildings reused rather than demolished, but on the other hand, it would be nice to see new development coming all the way out to the street.

As long as they refurbish them and they reopen as something decent, I'll be OK with it.

I do not believe the original buildings are staying. I can tell you from experience that those fast food places are only built to look decent for about 10 years, and last about 20 if someone else takes them over. I say take them over, because they assume that they will either open a new location, raze and rebuild, or simply 're-brand' the concept after a few years.

See the Popeye's makeover a few years back for an example, they look kind of New Orleans-esque and have applied murals to the inside now. Or the KFC makeover, the new restaurants are kind of 'retro' and have red LED lights along the building (plus the 'mug', the face of the colonel, has changed) . You can go to W. Oak Ridge and OBT and see a new Popeye's to the northwest, and the old one (just a big box) still abandoned to the southeast, you could throw a rock and hit both (ok, so not with the same rock).

So I think these are just outparcels that will be very similar to the existing development there now, but new buildings and perhaps updated layouts. I have not heard anything about any YUM brands going in there yet.

so I guess SoDo is Orlando's latest project to break ground-- what is it, 2 miles from downtown? I honestly never thought this this would get built. I am very surprised; it just didn't seem realistic based on past development patterns in this metro. out with the old...

Archived