SoDo

patriot06

yep, they should have it all down by the end of the week I'm sure. I was doing some research online and spotted something that said it would open Fall 2008. And the homeless have really been stirred up, between the closing off of the area under the I-4/408 interchange and this...they're much more visible. There are a couple that stake out the starbucks in the morning trying to bum change. There are also a few homeless women toting wheeled suitcases around...I've seen them up and down orange avenue for several months now.

• 1 month later...

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all down now...and most of the property graded....I wish they would hurry up...this Target gift card is burning a hole in my pocket :P

btw, the cell tower is still there, hopefully it does come down or relocate (in a more asthetic form) to one of the building roofs.

yep, they should have it all down by the end of the week I'm sure. I was doing some research online and spotted something that said it would open Fall 2008. And the homeless have really been stirred up, between the closing off of the area under the I-4/408 interchange and this...they're much more visible. There are a couple that stake out the starbucks in the morning trying to bum change. There are also a few homeless women toting wheeled suitcases around...I've seen them up and down orange avenue for several months now.

^ The plan looks to me to be a vast improvement over WP Village even. The layout is pretty similar, but the big difference is that nearly all parking in this development is structured or street. No surface lots (except at the existing outparcels)...

The thing I loved about that Zayre and the one on 436 in Casselberry (the first two in O-town) was the neon - they had huge letters spelling out Z-A-Y-R-E on top. Of course, by the 70s, that was considered gauche and the stores after that were just bleh <_<

Back to SoDo.... has anyone here done much shopping at Super Target? I'm wondering how are their prices, particularly regarding groceries and food items, etc. and how the prices compare to Super WalMart.

I'm pretty familiar with Target's regular merchandise line, but I've never been to a Super Target that has a grocery section.

I'm really looking forward to having a new place so close to my home to do my reular shopping.

Could be "So-long, Publix".

Back to SoDo.... has anyone here done much shopping at Super Target? I'm wondering how are their prices, particularly regarding groceries and food items, etc. and how the prices compare to Super WalMart.

I'm pretty familiar with Target's regular merchandise line, but I've never been to a Super Target that has a grocery section.

I'm really looking forward to having a new place so close to my home to do my reular shopping.

Could be "So-long, Publix".

trust me, you won't be replacing your publix trips with super target. their so-called grocery store offers not much more than a 7-11 as far as variety. there is just a lot more of it. the only purpose it serves is if you are in target buying normal target things and you need to pick up a few food items. but the perishible items usually go bad or stale very quickly. at least thats how the super target is out here in LA. who knows, it may be different in different regions.

anybody else have any different experiences?

I have to say I'm still rooting for the hometown favorite, Publix. While not always the least expensive, I find the service to normally be better (I like the fact that they promise all the registers to be open from 5-7pm during the week, whereas Target has 40 registers and only 5 open sometimes).

As one of the region's Fortune 500 companies, I'm glad Publix is doing well and I'm glad to do my part to support them. It's also cool whenever I go to Dexter's in Thornton Park and think of that being Publix way back when.

I have to say I'm still rooting for the hometown favorite, Publix. While not always the least expensive, I find the service to normally be better (I like the fact that they promise all the registers to be open from 5-7pm during the week, whereas Target has 40 registers and only 5 open sometimes).

As one of the region's Fortune 500 companies, I'm glad Publix is doing well and I'm glad to do my part to support them. It's also cool whenever I go to Dexter's in Thornton Park and think of that being Publix way back when.

As for the selection at Super Target - I find it better than any Publix in downtown area --- a lot more gourmet choices - great spices - frozen food choices you can't find anywhere else in town - not sure what others are buying --- but I will be making the trip to this new Super Target instead of the Colonialtown Publix and as for the Baldwin Park Publix - why so small - why no grab and go / carry out section in an "urban community"? While grocery chains around the country are hot on the pre-packaged meals / "gourmet to go market" to stay ahead of the Wal-Marts --- Publix seems left behind in the dust to me...

As for the selection at Super Target - I find it better than any Publix in downtown area --- a lot more gourmet choices - great spices - frozen food choices you can't find anywhere else in town - not sure what others are buying --- but I will be making the trip to this new Super Target instead of the Colonialtown Publix and as for the Baldwin Park Publix - why so small - why no grab and go / carry out section in an "urban community"? While grocery chains around the country are hot on the pre-packaged meals / "gourmet to go market" to stay ahead of the Wal-Marts --- Publix seems left behind in the dust to me...

We have a new Publix that just opened up in Lake Mary that is being used as a concept for future Publix setups. They Have 6 prepared food stations with 1-2 chefs at each station making fresh hot meals all day. I have tried a couple of the prepared foods and have been happy with the quality so far. Another nice feature is that they can take your order over the phone or through fax which makes it very convenient for a quick trip during lunch hour. Hopefully this concept finds a happy home in the Paramount :) !

Prepared food station info from the Publix website.

Pacific Wok - wok cooking of Asian specialties ranging from Kung Pao Scallops to Mongolian Beef

The Grill - cooked to order favorites from Curiyaki Salmon to Churrasco Steaks

The Carvery - choice of meats, slow cooked to perfection, including Cedar Plank Salmon, Hickory & Molasses Crusted Tenderloin of Beef, Slow Cooked Pot Roast

Chef's Selections - showcasing the talent of our chefs, this venue features everything from comfort food to gourmet entrees

Mediterranean Oven - features old world cooking of pizza and roasted entrees inspired by the cuisines of Italy, Greece and Spain

Handcrafted Sandwiches - Artisan sandwiches crafted to order on Artisan breads, stacked with slow cooked deli meats and gourmet cheeses

Custom Salads - healthy salad choices made to order with fresh toppings, such as steak, salmon, shrimp and chicken

Soup Station - featuring six freshly prepared, chef inspired soup creations

Coffee Bar - offering freshly brewed Van Houtte coffees, hot chocolate and frozen fruit drinks

Edit: Must have missed your post Spencer

Archived