SoDo

patriot06

agreed facilities man.

Back to SODO, there are several bus lines that serve Orange Avenue and SODO. There's a bus every 10 minutes in either direction. That's a damn good headway and those buses have pretty good ridership. A lymmo connecting the hospitals and the commuter rail station and back to downtown would be quite successful I think. More successful than trying to connect Baldwin Park to downtown or college park to downtown.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wasn't saying we needed a fixed lymmo on Orange!, but I think the lymmo extension that's planned along division is an excellent idea since it will connect the hospitals to commuter rail. The buses that serve Orange Ave are already there and I doubt they'll go away (they shouldn't). I think the more options people have the better. I prefer to bike more than ride and I prefer Orange to Delaney which is a bogus bike route anyway. Delaney is too narrow for both cars and bikes.

Also, since Delaney is blocked off at Grant right now for the sewer work being done, south bound Orange is completely gridlocked in the evening. Makes you appreciate having those other alternative routes.

• 1 month later...

Here are some updates...

The first 5 are looking down the main drag (middle)

sodo01.jpg

sodo02.jpg

sodo03.jpg

sodo04.jpg

sodo05.jpg

The next 2 are the eastern face of the project from the standpoint of the SE corner (I'm facing north).

sodo06.jpg

sodo07.jpg

This one is from the SE corner, but pictured is the south face (I'm facing west)

sodo08.jpg

The next 5 are of the parking garage. I am on the south side of the property.

Some of you will appreciate the stairwell design incorporating brick and glass. Sorta matches the Starbucks across Orange Ave.

sodo09.jpg

sodo10.jpg

You can see the decoration that is being used in the next 2 pics. I assume that is aluminum. The last shot shows more mounts already in place, so they will be continuing this same pattern along the building.

sodo11.jpg

sodo12.jpg

sodo13.jpg

Here are some updates...

The first 5 are looking down the main drag (middle)

sodo01.jpg

sodo02.jpg

sodo03.jpg

sodo04.jpg

sodo05.jpg

The next 2 are the eastern face of the project from the standpoint of the SE corner (I'm facing north).

sodo06.jpg

sodo07.jpg

This one is from the SE corner, but pictured is the south face (I'm facing west)

sodo08.jpg

The next 5 are of the parking garage. I am on the south side of the property.

Some of you will appreciate the stairwell design incorporating brick and glass. Sorta matches the Starbucks across Orange Ave.

sodo09.jpg

sodo10.jpg

You can see the decoration that is being used in the next 2 pics. I assume that is aluminum. The last shot shows more mounts already in place, so they will be continuing this same pattern along the building.

sodo11.jpg

sodo12.jpg

sodo13.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived