SoDo

patriot06

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It just irks me to no end everytime I think of all those years I lived in Thornton Park... 8 years on E. Pine between Summerlin and Hyer, and 7 years on E. Church same block, and how I would have LOVED to have had a Publix or ANYTHING calling itself a full fledged grocerey store that close to my apartment.

And now that I've moved a couple of miles away from there.... well, you know.

DAMN!!!!!

Back to SoDo.... has anyone here done much shopping at Super Target? I'm wondering how are their prices, particularly regarding groceries and food items, etc. and how the prices compare to Super WalMart.

I'm pretty familiar with Target's regular merchandise line, but I've never been to a Super Target that has a grocery section.

I'm really looking forward to having a new place so close to my home to do my reular shopping.

Could be "So-long, Publix".

We have a new Publix that just opened up in Lake Mary that is being used as a concept for future Publix setups. They Have 6 prepared food stations with 1-2 chefs at each station making fresh hot meals all day. I have tried a couple of the prepared foods and have been happy with the quality so far. Another nice feature is that they can take your order over the phone or through fax which makes it very convenient for a quick trip during lunch hour. Hopefully this concept finds a happy home in the Paramount :) !

Prepared food station info from the Publix website.

Pacific Wok - wok cooking of Asian specialties ranging from Kung Pao Scallops to Mongolian Beef

The Grill - cooked to order favorites from Curiyaki Salmon to Churrasco Steaks

The Carvery - choice of meats, slow cooked to perfection, including Cedar Plank Salmon, Hickory & Molasses Crusted Tenderloin of Beef, Slow Cooked Pot Roast

Chef's Selections - showcasing the talent of our chefs, this venue features everything from comfort food to gourmet entrees

Mediterranean Oven - features old world cooking of pizza and roasted entrees inspired by the cuisines of Italy, Greece and Spain

Handcrafted Sandwiches - Artisan sandwiches crafted to order on Artisan breads, stacked with slow cooked deli meats and gourmet cheeses

Custom Salads - healthy salad choices made to order with fresh toppings, such as steak, salmon, shrimp and chicken

Soup Station - featuring six freshly prepared, chef inspired soup creations

Coffee Bar - offering freshly brewed Van Houtte coffees, hot chocolate and frozen fruit drinks

Edit: Must have missed your post Spencer

And does anyone remember when that Target near Fashion Square used to be a store called Gold Triangle? That was an odd store, concrete floors, kind of like a Home Depot/Discount Store combination. Used to go to Gold Triangle near Dadeland in Miami.

Pacific Wok - wok cooking of Asian specialties ranging from Kung Pao Scallops to Mongolian Beef

The Grill - cooked to order favorites from Curiyaki Salmon to Churrasco Steaks

The Carvery - choice of meats, slow cooked to perfection, including Cedar Plank Salmon, Hickory & Molasses Crusted Tenderloin of Beef, Slow Cooked Pot Roast

Chef's Selections - showcasing the talent of our chefs, this venue features everything from comfort food to gourmet entrees

Mediterranean Oven - features old world cooking of pizza and roasted entrees inspired by the cuisines of Italy, Greece and Spain

Handcrafted Sandwiches - Artisan sandwiches crafted to order on Artisan breads, stacked with slow cooked deli meats and gourmet cheeses

Custom Salads - healthy salad choices made to order with fresh toppings, such as steak, salmon, shrimp and chicken

Soup Station - featuring six freshly prepared, chef inspired soup creations

Coffee Bar - offering freshly brewed Van Houtte coffees, hot chocolate and frozen fruit drinks

this sounds a lot like that downtown lunch destination on the corner of orange and church (that was too stressful for my taste). has anyone tried this at the lake mary publix?

i am never happy with super target's food selection, either. i know different locations are stocked based on demand, but the mall at millennial location is sparse to me.

Back to SoDo.... has anyone here done much shopping at Super Target? I'm wondering how are their prices, particularly regarding groceries and food items, etc. and how the prices compare to Super WalMart.

I'm pretty familiar with Target's regular merchandise line, but I've never been to a Super Target that has a grocery section.

I'm really looking forward to having a new place so close to my home to do my reular shopping.

Could be "So-long, Publix".

Just couldn't help myself - went to Super Target at Millenia yesterday - found the garlic infused olive oil + a pepper one too and great selection of flavored vinegars (who knew there was anything beyond basalmic?) --- then found champagne mustard (great with a white cheddar) - and went bonkers over the selection of grab-n-go / ready to cook - 4 kinds of ka-bobs -chicken, teryaki chicken, beef and pork + several other spiced chicken and beef dishes ready to go!!! NONE of these things can be found at any of the Pyblix stores around downtown that I know of... agree Whole Foods covers but at what price (spent $30 for 4 chicken ka-bobs this weekend)? Oh and my partner says it is the only place in town to get yoplait coconut cream pie yogurt ;-)

Publix does an ok job but it reminds me of grocery stores from the 1980's... limited / boring selection --- they should step up and get with the times --- anybody from Publix reading this blog??? and until then I can't wait for this new Super Target ;-)

Just couldn't help myself - went to Super Target at Millenia yesterday - found the garlic infused olive oil + a pepper one too and great selection of flavored vinegars (who knew there was anything beyond basalmic?) --- then found champagne mustard (great with a white cheddar) - and went bonkers over the selection of grab-n-go / ready to cook - 4 kinds of ka-bobs -chicken, teryaki chicken, beef and pork + several other spiced chicken and beef dishes ready to go!!! NONE of these things can be found at any of the Pyblix stores around downtown that I know of... agree Whole Foods covers but at what price (spent $30 for 4 chicken ka-bobs this weekend)? Oh and my partner says it is the only place in town to get yoplait coconut cream pie yogurt ;-)

Publix does an ok job but it reminds me of grocery stores from the 1980's... limited / boring selection --- they should step up and get with the times --- anybody from Publix reading this blog??? and until then I can't wait for this new Super Target ;-)

Target is pretty new in the grocery game so they are probably finding their niche in the market, and now they are getting even more "neighborhood" oriented so their will probably be a lot of positive things happening at Target, Publix also....The selection at the Millenia Target seems much better than the West Colonial SuperTarget......Living in MetroWest I have to choose between the two and West Colonial doesn't seem to sell many groceries and will probably get worse in that neighborhood because a new Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market is opening right across the street next to Sam's Club. Back to SoDo, I believe the Target Market there will strive to be the best. SoDo is going to do a lot to make that part of town very desirable!

• 2 weeks later...
I will also be thrilled to have the other side of the SuperTarget so close - the Target by Fashion Square, even after the expansion, has never seemed to stock as much merchandise as the larger stores. And of course I much prefer Target to either WalMart or KMart.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

sorry no pix... yet.

the northern side buildings had pilars coming out of the ground. the southern side buildings--- about a block west of Orange have the same--- not sure about Target yet--- but I know they've platted it a few weeks back. very active construction site now... really cool.

Archived