101 Eola -- New Project?

corpkid

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope more this size of projects will spur up and fill up the entire area.

I agree. This, and more Osceola Brownstone-type development (density-wise, not necessarily style-wise) would be great for the city. Downtown living shouldn't be confined to just highrise condos.

Not really Osceala brownstone cuz it has no retails, more like SoDo or Mill Nebraska type development in downtown or Parramore. I would take 5 city view versus 2 tradition towers.

I might second that if City View looked like its counterpart in Uptown Altamonte.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. This, and more Osceola Brownstone-type development (density-wise, not necessarily style-wise) would be great for the city. Downtown living shouldn't be confined to just highrise condos.

You are right. In fact, I find brownstones/townhouses provide a city with much more character and sense of place than condo highrises anyway. It seems the South Eola district is going condo highrise completely, though I could see Parramore transformed with tasteful rowhouse infill projects.

• 2 weeks later...

No doubt

I am very impressed by how productive they are

hopefully this thing will be up and running in no time

speaking of pre-cast, I do beleive the UCF stadium is being built the same way, which ina matter of a couple months looks to arleady be half way done

surely that has to also cut down on cost and labour, or at least I think it would

No doubt

... I do beleive the UCF stadium is being built the same way, which in a matter of a couple months looks to arleady be half way done surely that has to also cut down on cost and labour, or at least I think it would

With regard to concrete work on the UCF stadium ... the only precast are rectangular slabs that go on building roofs. The rest is either form and pour or concrete block work. Even the roofs have the detailed trim and gaps formed and poured. The steel beams are however precut and each piece has its place.

The new basketball arena does have precast stands (not including the seats themselves).

With regard to concrete work on the UCF stadium ... the only precast are rectangular slabs that go on building roofs. The rest is either form and pour or concrete block work. Even the roofs have the detailed trim and gaps formed and poured. The steel beams are however precut and each piece has its place.

The new basketball arena does have precast stands (not including the seats themselves).

er I meant the pre-cut steel

and the precast concrete for the convocation center

all the same, for the most part most of it is already made and just sent in, and quickly put together

the pace at which they are building is incredible

although it is somewhat annoying have an entire road lined on both sides with trucks holding precast concrete and steel, somewhat of an eye soar

Archived