Jersey City Skyline

flotown

^ Well places like JC and Newark are more like "urburbs" (urban 'burbs) than suburbs. They are very dynamic, VERY urban places, despite their non-central-city status. A bit of trivia for you... Did you know that if you took Jersey City's population density and applied it to an area the size of Charlotte, NC, the city of Charlotte's population would top 4.5 million?!

I should also add a shameless plug. The list of 6 elements was discussed by Dr. James Hughes, Dean of the Bloustein School at Rutgers, of which I'm an alumnus, so I'm always happy to see he and Bloustein faculty contributing to news stories about NJ economic/planning/policy issues.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Looking good New Jersey!! Its time to show what you are made of! Keep up the growth and prosperity! I live in Fairfax County in NoVa, and we have passed Washington DC as the "downtown" of out metro area! Lack to room downtown has made Virginia prime for numero uno government agencies to build thier headquarters. The pentagon, C.I.A., D.E.A. etc. We have more jobs, people, and much more money with the #1 and #2 most affluent counties in the nation. New Jersey has the same potential with its set up to NYC. Good job and good luck NJ!!! :lol:

Archived