lammius

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good job, Recchia! It is indeed located in South Orange! (3 points!) :yahoo:

(but the RR tracks are actually above the restaurant).

Here's a pic from farther away. The diner and a few other shops opened beneath the South Orange train station...

132187231.jpg

Current Standings

9 pts Jerseyman4

9 pts tombarnes

6 pts flotown

3 pts Recchia

You guys are doing well!

5 points, Recchia, for the Kittatinny Ridge!!! You get to take home the B.F.T.! trophy.gif

This is a trail that is PART of the Appalachian Trail network, but I'm looking for the local name specifically. I'll throw ya a point anyway, because eventhough it's Monday morning I'm in a chipper mood! Congrats for earning 6 points, Recchia!!!

Points are still up for grabs for anyone who can name the county (1 pt), the park (3 pts) and the name of this specific trail (bonus 3 pts)

Edited by lammius

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry there was no photo last week. Spring Break messed things up. Furthermore, I'm at work and away from my photo archive. This week's photo comes from another source, which I will reveal after the photo is identified.

To re-cap our score standings:

10 pts Jerseyman4

9 pts tombarnes

8 pts Recchia

6 pts flotown

Ok, here's the deal...

1 point for county

3 points for town

5 points for street

+3 pt bonus for the name of the neighborhood/district

This isn't just an "anywhere Jersey" rowhouse. There are some distinct architectural features here that can help you identify the area. Good luck!

Front%20Jackson.jpg

Man, it looks an awful lot like some of the houses on Mickle Blvd. in Camden City...Eh I'm probably wrong though, I don't know my rows as well as I should :blush:

Nice guess, SJ, but alas no.

I really don't know Camden very well. Do they have well-maintained rows ("nice" neighborhoods) there?

This isn't in Camden County.

Edited by lammius

Nice guess, SJ, but alas no.

I really don't know Camden very well. Do they have well-maintained rows ("nice" neighborhoods) there?

Some are. It's nothing at all like JC or Hoboken, but there's a few well-groomed blocks. Most of them are in the Cooper St- Rutgers campus area. Occupied mostly I think by professors at Rutgers Camden and doctors at Cooper Hospital, as well as other well-todo types. There's maybe about 2 or 3 blocks in the whole city that look like that pic, there's tons of potential though, because they're really sturdy build houses that just need a little TLC. :thumbsup:

Some are. It's nothing at all like JC or Hoboken, but there's a few well-groomed blocks. Most of them are in the Cooper St- Rutgers campus area. Occupied mostly I think by professors at Rutgers Camden and doctors at Cooper Hospital, as well as other well-todo types. There's maybe about 2 or 3 blocks in the whole city that look like that pic, there's tons of potential though, because they're really sturdy build houses that just need a little TLC. :thumbsup:

Cool. I've been in Camden once and seen plenty of pics. I admire the potential they have down there and hope that excellent housing stock can be salvaged!

Back to the photo, nope! It's not in Middlesex County either! Recchia was not entirely right, nor entirely wrong with the Philly metro observation. It depends on how dated your information is...

^could a clue be any more vague? lol

No!

This isn't so close to Philly. Officially it isn't in the Philly CSA, but whether or not it's "really" a part of the Philly region is up for debate.

TAKE one more guess and you might have it MADE.

Ah! Trenton City! :yahoo:

That's about as much as I can determine. Perhaps someone else can pick up the rest...