TWELVE Hotels and Residences

TowerRooster

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were a group of individuals doing some work at this site (across from 7th St Parking Garage) this morning. They had one of those vehicles with the vertical "drill" attached to the back of it. Possible soil testing?

I wonder if this gets off the ground as quickly as Avenue did given the same developer. That would be great to see.

So does any one know if that radio tower is going by the wayside. I believe it is an analog tower, which is begining to become obsolete.

Not to jump off subject, but they just took down the radio tower behind the proposed Royal Courts tower . The radio station there is moving. They completed taking down the tower this last weekend which took less than two days to do. BTW, RC is scheduled to break ground in JUNE !!! Went to the open house as I would really really really like a unit there.

This is going to potentially have the abssolute best view of Uptown than any other tower I know of u/c or soon to be u/c, except maybe 615 E Morehead right next door. It will be a while before 615 is constructed. BTW they took down the sign in front of 615 that read"

"The best views are yet to come" any clues out there atlrvr if this project might be another "Park"

A2

The took down that sign a long time before the new rending came out, have you seen the renderings???? or wut?

yes, believe it or not I had to get my UP fix through other souces when I was going through the downtime. I like it ok. A bit ornamental don't cha think??? ;)

A2

• 2 weeks later...

That could well be their MO. I guess until we get a final rendering of Twelve Centennial Park (which makes no sense since it's already under construction) or the glass is being placed on the lower floors, we won't know. I would prefer they use green glass on the Centennial Park Twelve.

We've been talking about the Twelve Atlantic Station rendering because Dougie mentioned it in his article, but I would bet that was just article filler to reference the existing building.

It appears that the Twelve Centennial Park renderings are out now. That project opens next year, so I'd expect our Twelve in Charlotte to have more in common with it. It is closer in height to Charlotte's tower, in fact I count 33-35 stories on a tower, which is what our Twelve will be, even though I thought Twelve Centennial Park was 39 stories tall. Although we won't have the twin towers, it seems that we'd be more likely to be getting a design more similar to one of the Centennial towers. The Charlotte site is small and the building will be tall, so it won't have the shorter and wider look.

Hopefully that is the direction Novare takes.

http://www.twelvecentennialpark.com/building.htm

post-670-1142742068_thumb.jpg

post-670-1142742068_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Novare may be taking a slightly different approach to it's design schemes. Could the newly announced Atlantic condo be a glimpse of the Twelve Charlotte? I think the Atlantic's architecture would go well in the Charlotte skyline.

yeah, still no rendering. i, for one, would love it if novare had something like the atlantic planned for charlotte. that is one of my favorite novare buildings.

That really looks like a Charlotte building in the BofA campuse, with its beige/pink granite, dark glass, and aluminum poles and crown.

I hope we do get something similarly refined, but I'd prefer that we don't end up with something so much like a BofA building.

hahahahaha I as I reworded what I said, once again, DIFFERENT, not funky, hell the pink glass isn't even funky its just plain awful, I want something differnent tho. Maybe something green or something maybe something the color of taipai 101, something other than our usual colors, I would love something the color of modis

Personally I don't want anything too daring, too risky going next to Hearst and the other great buildings in the BOA cluster. This is going to be a big building and will have an impact on the skyline - it should help fortify the skyline, not detract from it.

If it were to look like that Atlantic Station design, that would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we can pretty much say Novares standard design is like that of skypoint, 360, and 6th and 7th. With a wide base and a skinny tower coming up from it. Even though some look pretty nice, I hope they go outside the box like they did with Atlantic. A rendering would be nice. 6th_7th_Street.jpg

citycenter.jpg

spire.jpg

skypoint.jpg

360.jpg

ATLANTIC

atlantic.jpg

Archived