TWELVE Hotels and Residences

TowerRooster

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw the site plan and some prelim architecturals today for Twelve.... 40 stories! very nice looking design, it has the big base with 7 parking levels and street retail. The hotel portion is on floors 8-15. Can't really tell what color the glass will be, but the building itself is concrete cladding with lots of glass and balconies on every floor.

I figured they'd bump it up....they've gone higher than originally announced on almost every project they done. I'm guessing this will be about 475'.

Any indication how big the footprint is? Will it extend all the way to 8th?

They are being pretty agressive on retail on most of their newest projects, and are really going after some decent stuff.....I'm thinking H&M would be a PERFECT fit here....

I thought it would take up the whole block, but it doesnt.

The building footprint extends from 7th to about 2/3 of the way to 8th. There is a parking entrance/exit from 7th street, and another out around 1st Pres. church to college st. The existing communication tower is to be removed, but the WorldCom building and the First Pres. Church buildings are to remain.

One other cool thing I noticed is they show a proposed "Market Street" along the train tracks from 7th to 8th, with parallel parking on the Twelve side.

This is going to be a very cool project. I can't wait to go to Reids for lunch and watch construction! ha...

It's great news that Market St. is really going to get built....I thought the city gave up on that idea.....it allows the retail facing the LRT lines to get much more traffic.

I'm also glad this doesn't go to 8th, as the Civitas plan calls for midrise or townhouses to line 8th...sounds like that is still a possibility for the future.

yeah, actually the remaining 1/3 of the parcel on 8th was labeled as "phase II" of the Twelve project. So I'm guessing whatever is proposed there in the future would butt right up against the back wall of Twelve's parking deck.

Also they showed on the ground floor of Twelve a restaurant space at the corner fronting on 7th and Market St., and 1 or 2 other smaller retail spaces fronting on 7th.

This site is across the tracks from Dixie's BTW.

Archived