TWELVE Hotels and Residences

TowerRooster

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhhh....with the parking deck behind it betwen Church St. and the tracks? Thanks.....this project will really spread the skyline north.

I was hoping it would be the other way around atlrvr. I went to the site this morning and thought it would be awesome if they had the longer side face 277, thus stretching out that view of our skyline (you know the one that WSOC always uses. I hate that view :( ). But I guess we will have to be content with a parallel placement to the tracks.

This is the view I want widend.

http://www.wsoctv.com/wxcam/1920381/detail.html

A2

I was hoping it would be the other way around atlrvr. I went to the site this morning and thought it would be awesome if they had the longer side face 277, thus stretching out that view of our skyline (you know the one that WSOC always uses. I hate that view :( ). But I guess we will have to be content with a parallel placement to the tracks.

http://www.wsoctv.com/wxcam/1920381/detail.html

A2

Maybe just switch to Ch. 3 and you won't have to see that view anymore? :D

don't know where to put this, but i thought this was good. Hyatt hotels has a new brand called Hyatt Place Hotels. They, just like Aloft Hotels are expanding rapidly within the next few years. As i was searching the internet for info, i found the site and their future locations in NC. Charlotte will be getting 3 of these Hyatt Place Hotels. Raleigh, Greensboro, and Atlantic Beach are also planned to get one of these new hotels. does anyone have anymore info on this project.

A2

:sick: I've never noticed how horrible of a view that really is. Twelve should help out a little as long as you don't look at it straight parallel which it seems is WSOC's angle.

• 5 weeks later...

I admit, this is probably the project that I'm most excited about after The Vue and Wachovia.....it will help the skyline aesthetically and put a lot more people in a part of Uptown that doesn't see many beyond the clubgoers....also, having a hotel right at a transit stop should help boost ridership.

• 3 weeks later...

Per building permit review notes, the building will be 38/39 stories (I'm assuming 38 occupied/1 mechanical or recreational) and will contain 417 residential units and 135 hotel rooms......nothing regarding height, but my gut says 460'.

Doug Smith's column in the Observer dated 8/2/2006 said TWELVE would begin construction in early 2007, and was to be completed by early 2009. If he's right, it looks like they slid a little.

When do you guys think they'll start pre-selling these units? Where was Avenue in the process when they began pre-sales?

I'm really torn between the Avenue and TWELVE. :cry:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived