has anybody seen the site?

Kevin77

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps he's just bitter, because he really does care for the city of Detroit, But he just sees all this negative, and doesn't see the core issues getting better. Instead of doing something productive, his way of dealing with it is, thru negativity, and attacking KK, I think if KK hadn't won that election, he wouldn't have made that website.

I went to the website, it just seemed it was more frustration than hatred. I'm not a fan of KK, that much myself. But I certainly wouldn't go about it that way.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm annoyed to find out that there is a website similar to that one made about my friend city (Ann Arbor).

http://www.annarborisoverrated.com/

Although both are critical of cities, the tone is very different at annarborisoverrated. There are many people who participate in the comments sections who work to positively change the city for the better. But a lot of the gripes are just plain silly

Zach, Annarborisoverated points out the problems in the city, and tries to bring them to the surface so they will be addressed. It's far from anything like the Detroit site. I would go as far as to say I support some of what is posted over there at AAIO, although that doesn't mean everything. As tomo said, some of the stuff is useless info. But they only want what is best for the city. Don't get hung up on the word "Overrated."

I particularly like where they talk about building height issues, hilarious

Another thing is, the author of AAOI as well as almost everyone who reads and posts comments lives in Ann Arbor (or Ypsi) as opposed to the boycottdetroit site.. some dude from Southgate who doesn't know much about Detroit and prefers to remain ignorant.

Archived