• Announcements

• Neo

WARNING!   07/26/16

By reading or participating in the Coffee House forum, you are acknowledging that some topics may be highly controversial in nature. While we make every attempt to ensure that no one and no groups are offended as a result of discussions contained within, we unfortunately can make no guarantees. Participate in threads contained within this forum at your own risk.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

voyager12

Many Eastover residents are opposed to the Greenway

10 posts in this topic

:rolleyes: Although a study from UNCC clearly found that homes near greenways are no more likely to be robbed than homes in other locations. I am sure if there was a way to restrict this greenway sector to Eastover and Myers Park residents they would be thrilled to have it. Nimbyism at its worst :sick: . Greenways will add to the quality of life in the city from an aesthetic and environmental standpoint in addition to encouraging pedestrian travel.

Eastover is the highest-income neighborhood in the city. I'll let you guys draw conculsions...

This is unfortunate. Some folks will see things that don't exist (increases in crime,) even when the facts state otherwise. To some extent the Observer is not doing us any favors. By printing this story, they are legitimizing the fears of some people. On the other hand, we are now aware of the issue and thus we can increase the support we give to the greenway projects.

It was a slow news day for the Observer. I don't think there are any surprises here.

yawn. this story would have been a better @ rhino times... whats going on with the observer? @ least these people aren't getting a wal-mart on their doorstep.

also, i haven't encountered alot of homeless people @ our parks. maybe they hang around some of the parks uptown... i see more of this on the streets.

I don't even think it is a universal sentiment in Eastover or anywhere else. If you looked, you'd find an opponent for everything on earth. There are opponents to sex, to cars, to religion, to music, to television, ... to everything. It doesn't surprise me that there are opponents to greenways.

I don't even think it is a universal sentiment in Eastover or anywhere else. If you looked, you'd find an opponent for everything on earth. There are opponents to sex, to cars, to religion, to music, to television, ... to everything. It doesn't surprise me that there are opponents to greenways.

What about puppies? Are there opponents to puppies?

How many times have we heard about spaying and neutering our dogs... those people hate puppies. :)