Many Eastover residents are opposed to the Greenway

voyager12

:rolleyes: Although a study from UNCC clearly found that homes near greenways are no more likely to be robbed than homes in other locations. I am sure if there was a way to restrict this greenway sector to Eastover and Myers Park residents they would be thrilled to have it. Nimbyism at its worst :sick: . Greenways will add to the quality of life in the city from an aesthetic and environmental standpoint in addition to encouraging pedestrian travel.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is unfortunate. Some folks will see things that don't exist (increases in crime,) even when the facts state otherwise. To some extent the Observer is not doing us any favors. By printing this story, they are legitimizing the fears of some people. On the other hand, we are now aware of the issue and thus we can increase the support we give to the greenway projects.

yawn. this story would have been a better @ rhino times... whats going on with the observer? @ least these people aren't getting a wal-mart on their doorstep.

also, i haven't encountered alot of homeless people @ our parks. maybe they hang around some of the parks uptown... i see more of this on the streets.

I don't even think it is a universal sentiment in Eastover or anywhere else. If you looked, you'd find an opponent for everything on earth. There are opponents to sex, to cars, to religion, to music, to television, ... to everything. It doesn't surprise me that there are opponents to greenways.

I don't even think it is a universal sentiment in Eastover or anywhere else. If you looked, you'd find an opponent for everything on earth. There are opponents to sex, to cars, to religion, to music, to television, ... to everything. It doesn't surprise me that there are opponents to greenways.

What about puppies? Are there opponents to puppies?

Archived