Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sleepy

Random Midtown pics of no coherency--pt. 1

6 posts in this topic

I took about 300 shots of Memphis when I was down there last June. Most--or some--of these have been posted on other forums. I don't believe I've posted many of them here before. It's just a bunch of random shots. I'll post some others later.

original.jpg

56409939.jpg

56409941.jpg

56409943.jpg

56409945.jpg

56409947.jpg

56409953.jpg

56409949.jpg

Madison Avenue, Midtown's Main Street:

56409951.jpg

Memphis College of Art annex:

56409952.jpg

56409954.jpg

Restaurant:

56409956.jpg

Venerable Stewarts Hardware store:

56409959.jpg

Sears:

56409958.jpg

Memphis is full of great architectural treasures. What do you bet the houses in the foreground of Sears used to be outfitted in every Kennmore appliance ever made - lol. Can you imagine living THAT close to such a big business? How convenient!

Thanks for those pictures sleepy! Where these pictures taken on a Sunday? That picture looking down Madison makes Midtown look like a ghost town.

Thanks for those pictures sleepy! Where these pictures taken on a Sunday? That picture looking down Madison makes Midtown look like a ghost town.

Thanks, they were taken early Sunday morning, June 5th, 2005.

I just love those grand old homes of midtown. It one of the finest older residential areas I've ever seen. Thanks for posting the pics!

Great pics! Midtown is a awesome area to drive through and look at.

I look forward to seeing the area around the Sears Building becoming redeveloped, there is alot of potential there.