ICON will break ground next week

william

Friends,

Ground will be broken next week for ICON. Out of respect for Bristol, I will not say what day. I have not yet seen the new rendering but the architect is based in Cleveland (I believe the name is Choate). There is some confusion as to whether the building will be 21 or 22 stories. I'm hearing both from various legitimate sources, which leads me to believe that there could be a portion of the tower that is one level taller than the bulk of the tallest part.

Reading some other posts, yes, there is a tent on the Encore site. Tony G. has said he wants to break ground by late May at the latest.

LOTS of work being done on the Adelicia site. Crane is starting to rise at The West End site. Likewise, as IJDave notes, on the Hampton site. Haven't checked 1101 18th Building site in at least one week but is seems close. I'm hearing from a very good source that East End Lofts are, FINALLY, ready to go. Midtown Lofts looking imposing at four floors. Good massing. 3102 West End Court now rising. And the 37206 Building near Five Points looks huge.

Exciting times in this town.

William Williams

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Williams for the info for this project. This is excellent times for Nashville. There so many projects happening all around us right now. I can hardly contain the excitement that I have for my city!!!!!!!!

Things are only getting Bigger and Better for the city. It seems every new project is having a snowball effect on the another. Growth like this generates so much energy that more developers from other cities will be lining up to invest here. This is a building boom unlike I ever seen in Nashville!!!!!!!!!!!! :yahoo::w00t::yahoo:

Terrazzo

Ground breaking going to happen in first of June.

First floor retail

2nd,3rd, and 4th stories will be office, totally 75k.

rest of the building will be condos. About 110 units. Some will be two stories.

Pool going to be on the 12th ave side about at the 6th floor.

WES

announcements coming soon, that's all I can say right now.

William as always you are the man with the plan...although I read the enclave blog rant about the City Papers headline regarding gangs in Salemtown he was nottoo happy. :)

Also we need to decide on th eforum meeting in March. Do you want to use the Smith (Savage) House or meet at Provence in the Library?

Thanks

The Savage House is next door to the Westview on Eighth Ave. between Church and Commerce. Free parking is available on the street or in the parking lot across the street (next to the Toy Museum) unitil th eFederal Couthouse is built.

Is this location a 'go' with everyone? I have not heard back from Wiliam or Doormanpoet.

Terrazzo

Ground breaking going to happen in first of June.

First floor retail

2nd,3rd, and 4th stories will be office, totally 75k.

rest of the building will be condos. About 110 units. Some will be two stories.

Pool going to be on the 12th ave side about at the 6th floor.

WES

announcements coming soon, that's all I can say right now.

Thanks for the updates on the Terrazo and WES. If you're right about these, there's going to be cranes all over the place in Nashville. There will so many, we'll have to call them the official "bird" of Nashville. LOL!

Archived