CONSTRUCTION THREAD: Renaissance Place

goodbye

Please post all photos, updates, and discussion about this development here. This is a $40 million plus project, including 50,000 square feet of retail and 148 condos on 14-acres of property on South Pleasantburg, across from Bob Jones University. Hines Interests LP, of Houston is the the main developer in partnership with BJU to develop this property.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess we should start with this.

Renasaince.jpg

Also, news stated they want to start within 6 months but need to sell a certain number of condos first and prlease 30% of the retail to begin. Condos will range from $200,000-$400,000.

I wonder if BJU is limiting what retail can lease?

• 3 weeks later...

This could be what this area needs to help spur new growth. This looks like a great addition to Greenville.

I agree. This development looks really quality. Maybe this part of Pleasantburg is about to be reborn (no religious pun intended).

It is nice to see BJU invest in the city. I mean this university gets a lot of flack from people. Nice to see them using their dollars for something of this magnitude. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the form gvlmom! You will have to keep us posted on the progress.

I really do hope that this project happens. Pleasantburg has definitely been improving lately, and this project could really bring some momentum to that.

The Train cars have been removed, but the Used Car lot is still across the street from the Renaissance site. I thought the Car lot was moving and the city was going to landscape that area. Maybe the lot still has a few months left on it's lease.

One last thing, I noticed that the rezoning sign for this project has a County website on it. I guess this project isn't going to annex to the city after all.

EDIT: Apparently this project will be annexed into the city, per this week's edition of the Journal. Annexation is required for the infrastructure spending the city will be doing.

Welcome to the form gvlmom! You will have to keep us posted on the progress.

Thanks vicupstate!

Here is an excerpt about the Renaissance development from the C. Dan Joyner press release page.

Renaissance Place Mixed-Use Development on North Pleasantburg Drive Commences Pre-Sale and Leasing Activities

"Greenville, SC- While new boutique retail developments and condominiums are appearing all over Greenville, Renaissance Place, the first mixed-use concept that blends the two, is beginning marketing activities this week on North Pleasantburg. This village-style community will bring a main street feel to a portion of the North Pleasantburg corridor with approximately 50,000 square feet of retail space and 148 upscale condominiums that will be developed in phases."

Read the rest at: http://www.joynercommercial.com/press.php

Thanks vicupstate!

Here is an excerpt about the Renaissance development from the C. Dan Joyner press release page.

Renaissance Place Mixed-Use Development on North Pleasantburg Drive Commences Pre-Sale and Leasing Activities

"Greenville, SC- While new boutique retail developments and condominiums are appearing all over Greenville, Renaissance Place, the first mixed-use concept that blends the two, is beginning marketing activities this week on North Pleasantburg. This village-style community will bring a main street feel to a portion of the North Pleasantburg corridor with approximately 50,000 square feet of retail space and 148 upscale condominiums that will be developed in phases."

Read the rest at: http://www.joynercommercial.com/press.php

Not to be sour, but I thought Poinsett Corners, The Bookends, and RiverPlace (among others) were new mixed-use developments incorporating "boutique retail" with condominiums. Perhaps I missed something?

Archived