Martha's Cul-de-sacs headed for Charlotte

Miesian Corners

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched a couple of her Apprentices. They sure were kind of nutty.

It sounds like it is a good idea from a business perspective. I'm sure the designs are slightly better than most suburban prototypes, especially on the inside.

It is just the thought of hundreds or thousands of these 3 designs being littered all over an old farm is depressing.

My wife has a sign in our den saying Martha Stewart does not live here.

I do not like garage doors as part of the front of the house. It should be in the back.

In the old days they did not house their horses in the front of their house.

You would have to be careful, because someone many pull up to have their car repaired.

I watched a couple of her Apprentices. They sure were kind of nutty.

It sounds like it is a good idea from a business perspective. I'm sure the designs are slightly better than most suburban prototypes, especially on the inside.

It is just the thought of hundreds or thousands of these 3 designs being littered all over an old farm is depressing.

Trump called her a moron because of her blaming of her show's performance on him. LOL.

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/story/393996p-333978c.html

The designs are a certainly bit better than most of the vinyl McHouses, but repeated hundreds of times it will have the same effect.

I love Martha Stewart....but I guess that's no surprise.

My friends even call me Martha Stewart minus the record and attitude. :lol:

I remember when I used her idea for a cranberry wreath. It turned out perfect....and that was years ago. I have been a fan every since. The houses....well....Martha, Martha, Martha.....sweetie please don't go so mainstream. I'm not a big fan of front facing garages. Oddly enough though she will sell alot of them. They remind me of Centex homes.

Front loaded garages don't bother me that much, but they should not make up such a prominent part of the house as these do. Sadly, there are much better subdivision designs going up these days in this price range (i.e. alleys, garages hidden in back alleys, big front porches) but these seem to be going back to the 70's mentality of housing. I really wish the Charlotte city council would adopt some restrictions that would prevent this kind of stuff from being thrown up.

Martha must have overdosed on the movie Polyester when she came up with these designs.

• 2 weeks later...

Martha was on The Today Show showing off her 650 home development in Cary. I am no fan of hers but the houses look nice. The one she showed were somewhat like a bungalow with added features like big closets, granite countertops, samped concrete, etc. Now I know that you can get these with other developments but I wonder how these houses price against other developments? Seem to compare somewhat. (low $200K-->$500K)

I don't think the houses looked out of place. They actually looked like new Bungalow

Archived