The March of the BIG BOXES

Okay, lately there's been a lot of announcements of many national or multi-national corporations opening or planning to open chains in Honolulu and other parts of the state at a pace i've never seen before. I really dont know what to make of it but in a way i'm like its great because of more competition and hopefully lower prices or a larger variety for the people and not so great because the city and state seems to be losing its uniqueness and starting to become more and more like everywhere else in the nation from radio stations to stores.

Best Buy just recently opened (i think last year or the other) two stores in Honolulu with interest in more posssiblly... Whole Foods is planning on opening up shop, Target too, There's even some major discount airline based in Arizona i think? that plans on flying interisland routes from Honolulu making it like 4 major air carriers serving what i think might be a saturated market under the moniker "Go Hawaii". Nordstrom has broken ground to build its first full line department store (there are the smaller Nordstrom shoes and something else stores but not a full line until....) There are many many others (including restaurants too) but these are just off the top of my head. What do you folks think?

How about Alaska and Puerto Rico? :huh:

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived