Triad Retail & Restaurants

StevenRocks

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an article in the wsjournal on how upscale retail is moving into the Triad. basically its just saying how Greensboro still leads in attracting national higher-end stores than W-S. it says the cities are pretty equal in new retail growth but W-S will always be slightly behind GSO as long as it has more people and more money...(common sense)

http://journalnow.com/servlet/Satellite?pa...d=1137834661966

new retail

Caffino Inc., based in California, is bringing its Drive Thru Espresso Bars to the Triad. Caffino offers specialty coffee, pastries and fruit drinks. Its signature drinks are chocolate based. He wants to open 13 in the Triad, including five in Winston-Salem.

PostNet based in Denver, Colo., is growing and has its sights set on the Triad.

The franchise's services include digital copy and document services, printing and finishing, computer/Internet services, domestic and international shipping, private mailboxes, shipping and packaging supplies, office supplies and notary services. Dennis Coogle, the owner of PostNet in Cornelius, hopes to open as many as 10 stores in the Triad.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE SHEETZ GAS STATIONS! I wish Charlotte & Columbia would have some! And I wish they would have full service!

^are u talking about Sonics in Hanes Mall? I'm assuming u don't mean there's a gas station in the mall ;)

That's actually the only food court Sonics I've ever seen...anyone else ever see another Sonics in a food court?

You know, youre right....i dont know too many Sonic's in food courts

Krystals failed in Burlington about 6 months ago. To be honest with Cook Out and other resturants on Huffman Mill, there was no way it could stay in Business. White Castle would be nice, If they put it in the right locations. Cook Out is a fast food chain based here that one day people in other states will want and be excited about. For retail I would like to see H&M and maybe a rainforest cafe. Everything else has been listed already that I would like to see. Do we have Brooks Brothers in the Triad? A Nestle Toll House would be nice too :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...
Is the only one in Forsyth county the Walkertown location? I was shocked that they chose there instead of Winston. But then again, Kernersville/Walkertown area has grown faster than any other in the Triad.
Winston is getting a new Sheetz on Stratford Rd about a mile north of the Jonestown/Clemmonsville Rd intersection.

• 2 weeks later...

Krystals failed in Burlington about 6 months ago. To be honest with Cook Out and other restaurants on Huffman Mill, there was no way it could stay in Business. White Castle would be nice, If they put it in the right locations. Cook Out is a fast food chain based here that one day people in other states will want and be excited about.
Krystals was so busy at first, I was surprised when we saw it was closed. We actually never got around to trying it after the newness wore off. It now appears that the Subway that was beside of it is moving into the Krystal location.

I have never been especially impressed with cook out. The last hamburger I had there was yuck! I had to throw most of it away as I just couldn't stomach it. For some reason I find the black building very unappealing and uninviting.

Krystals was so busy at first, I was surprised when we saw it was closed. We actually never got around to trying it after the newness wore off. It now appears that the Subway that was beside of it is moving into the Krystal location.

I have never been especially impressed with cook out. The last hamburger I had there was yuck! I had to throw most of it away as I just couldn't stomach it. For some reason I find the black building very unappealing and uninviting.

Everything that opens on Huffman Mill is busy at first. I wasn't suprised to see the place close. Everyone who I came in contact with complained that the food there wasn't that good. I didn't enjoy my food there any of the 3 times I went there. Cook Out is sucessful everywhere because the food they offer tends to always be delicious. The Cook Out in Graham that just opened often times has traffic that backs out into Main Street in Graham.

The last one I saw built in Salisbury, Cook Out had softened the black buildings with a large beige band.

Archived