Jack Daniels Museum Downtown

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never would have thought of this. What a cool idea. I LOVE the Lynchburg experience anyway, so bringing some of it to downtown would be great. The last time I was in Lynchburg, I was on the shuttle with people from Switzerland, Germany, England, Australia....heck, you name it. Looking through the visitors book, Lynchburg is one helluva an international tourist destination. Even when hosting friends from Jersey, we just HAD to drive to Lynchburg. This is fun news.

I"m not sure if any of you have ever heard of the Guiness Museum in Dublin, but I sure hope this turns out to be similar to that. It is complete with stations that show the making of beer, a souvenir store, and, of couse, a beer tasting center. It's really cool. Plus, it is the number one tourist attraction in the whole city!

Rumor has it that the company has released confirmation that it's looking at the historic Acme Farm Supply building at First and Broad. Just think, if you live in Lebanon, you can stop in for a "taste" and take the train home--or go to the ballgame. lol

There's still an issue with permitting and such. More details will come out soon. This won't happen overnight, it could be a while before it opens, but I can't think of a better spot to bring lots of life back to that corner.

I do not know how many times I have had to take my brother-in-law to Lynchburg. He loves the place. It is a great tour and it does attract a diverse group of people. It would not hurt to have it in Downtown Nashville. I imagine this would be on Broadway or 2nd Avenue. The Acme building would be perfect.

Who needs a CC when you have Jack.

Archived