Meridian @ West End Park

barakat

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does look nice. I wonder if this is infill or "replacement" fill. Seems, at a price, there's NOTHING that's not for sale. I'm not saying this is a totally bad thing, but it's redefining an entire neighborhood I used to live in. Long Blvd. just doesn't look much like Long Blvd. anymore. All the developments are going to boost the per sq population a lot.

In a couple of years you could plop someone who lived there down on that street and they would probably have a hard time knowing where they are. I'm just guessing Long is where this will go.

• 4 weeks later...

This is only three stories, are you sure we can talk about it? Hardy har.

It looks pretty nice. I wonder what the central atrium deal is/function/how it looks from inside? Maybe it's a food court.

Dave, come on man, you're old stomping grounds is all growns up now. You've got to let him go and become all he can be.

I just wish they could have done a historic overlay to this area. We would have all been surprised at how much that would have helped in the design of the buildings here. There are a few old brick and stone apartment buildings still in the area. I hope nothing happens to them. Some of the houses are nice and others needed to be torn down. I look on this with mixed emotions and am glad to see the amount of urban developments being built here.

There is definitely going to be a hodge podge of buildings in West End Park. Maybe wee can stick a 70 story across the street. :rolleyes:

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see at least a 20 story project in the area before too long. One day the area will begin to resemble Buckhead in Atlanta. Real Estate costs are rapidly hitting astronomical levels there, especially on lots fronting West End Ave.

Archived