Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ATLBrain

What Might Have Been

33 posts in this topic

LOL... operator error.
LOL... operator error.

Whoa. Double post, but four minutes apart... operator error?

Wow, it blends in very well with the surroundings...

Sorry for the tease... I really do have a rendering from the Nashville Banner in November 87. My friend at Vandy sent it to me.

It's in a BMP format. Can anybody help me get this thing uploaded?

Yep..Here is the email [email protected]

OK... thanks Lexy. Just sent it on.

It's kind of a poor pic. Looks like it was scanned from the paper.

Scott

OK... here is a rendering (I hope).

And the funny thing is, it STILL looks better than Louisville's Museum Plaza. :blink:

:blush: Alert... techno-lightweight here!!

Dang it... I knew I shouldn't have tried this for the very first time on something so big. I know this pic was anticipated very much by lots of folks here. So I asked my friend Steve if he could scare it up from the Vandy Library. He found it with little trouble.

With Lexy's help, you may be able to see it soon.

Thanks all for being patient. I am truly addle-brained.

wow, diffrent from what i imagined, too bad it wasn't built, i like the design

I remember that photo when it came in the paper, and I was really excited about the project. It would have set the bar for skyscrapers in Nashville a little higher. I bet the Bell South would have been built a little higher had NCCII been built. I liked the blend of two like skyscrapers right next to each other at different heights. Oh well, when (I refuse to use the word "if") the Signature Tower is built, it won't hurt quite so bad that NCCII never materialized.

I remember that photo when it came in the paper, and I was really excited about the project. It would have set the bar for skyscrapers in Nashville a little higher. I bet the Bell South would have been built a little higher had NCCII been built. I liked the blend of two like skyscrapers right next to each other at different heights. Oh well, when (I refuse to use the word "if") the Signature Tower is built, it won't hurt quite so bad that NCCII never materialized.

But you could've had this to feast on. Thanks to Dave for the pic.

CityTwoSigDream.jpg

But you could've had this to feast on. Thanks to Dave for the pic.

CityTwoSigDream.jpg

OK. Maybe it STILL hurts that NCCII never materialized. :cry:

Yeah, but at least we got to give Brain a hard time. lol, sorry, AB. :)

LOL! Some of you did. I was the helpful, understanding one on here. :thumbsup:

Yeah, but at least we got to give Brain a hard time. lol, sorry, AB. :)

That's ok... I guess I deserved it. I now know that I shouldn't tease you guys without delivering on my promise. I should also keep away from trying to post pics.

Don't know if it has been mentioned but there is a newspaper article framed on the wall at Merchants. It has a picture of NCC 1 during construction and a rendering of both towers completed that is different from this one. I think the article was printed in the old Banner. I think. Could be wrong.

That's interesting. I haven't seen it. However, even NCC1 in the rendering is different from the way it was built. In the photo, it has those finned rooflines on both buildings. Actually, as I think about it this very moment, that was kind of ahead of its time.