Bungalowicide in Dilworth this morning

voyager12

Someone else once mentioned that distinction to me. I was not sure. They said MPM was characterized by smaller homes and was somewhat more affordable. Recently many of the smaller homes have been renovated or torn down and made much larger. Hassel Place has several ongoing projects currently. On a positive note, Selwyn Village, the new condos and townhomes that are on the corner of Hassel and Selwyn turned out very nice and are pedestrian friendly. They fit in well with the growing density of that small node of shops and restaurants.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Myers Park Manor came later than Myers Park and is, as you noticed characterized by smaller homes. This is where the more modern brick ranch with no garage was born in CLT. Because of where the prices have gone, there are going to be a huge number of teardowns unless there are conversions to complexes which is happening over there as well.

I probably haven't been on Hassell Place in a couple of decades but I am surprised it has lasted as long as it has. Given its locale and the fact the houses there really are not that nice, I can see where the street stands to see a lot of conversions. At least on the side towards Brandywine. The other side backs up to Wendover and I can't see where that would not be as desirable.

I think the distinction of Myer's Park Manor vs Myer's Park is no longer used. It is just like the area now known as Elizabeth was once Rosemont, Piedmont Park, Oakhurst, and Elizabeth Heights. Eventually, the dominant neighborhood name becomes the name for the whole area. There are plenty of other examples of this throughout the city. I'd say, then, that it is accurant to say "Myer's Park Manor" is now part of what is known as "Myer's Park"

Archived