New Signature Rendering

it's just dave

They need to get a pair and go higher and bigger.

LOL! I love it!

We need to sponsor an add in some kind of urban development magazine:

"Considering a Mid-rise? Why not Grow A Pair and scrape some sky??? ...(sponsored by concerned citizens for a taller nashville)"

J/K... :lol:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL! I love it!

We need to sponsor an add in some kind of urban development magazine:

"Considering a Mid-rise? Why not Grow A Pair and scrape some sky??? ...(sponsored by concerned citizens for a taller nashville)"

J/K... :lol:

:rofl: That's hilarious!

Ok. This project was listed at 500 condo units, 55 stories, with a total height (spire and all) of around 850 feet. But I went to Tony G.'s website and now the number of condo units has risen to 600. Using a little math:

600 is 1.2 times the 500. If the condo units aren't smaller than planned, and you go with the original 700 feet for the building itself and multiply the height by 1.2, you get 840 feet. Add back in the crown at 100 feet and wahlaaa....a 940 foot building? Hmmmmmm? :shok:

Ok. This project was listed at 500 condo units, 55 stories, with a total height (spire and all) of around 850 feet. But I went to Tony G.'s website and now the number of condo units has risen to 600. Using a little math:

600 is 1.2 times the 500. If the condo units aren't smaller than planned, and you go with the original 700 feet for the building itself and multiply the height by 1.2, you get 840 feet. Add back in the crown at 100 feet and wahlaaa....a 940 foot building? Hmmmmmm? :shok:

The units are definitely NOT smaller. Tony told us at the meeting in February that very fact. If anything, the units may get a little bigger than in the original design. Oh, think about the possibilities! :rolleyes:

^^^ That's what I've learned about the condos being sold here in Atlanta. Because so many empty nesters are downsizing from 5-7000 sq. ft. houses in suburbia to the city, they're still looking for at least 2200 sq. ft. in a high rise condo. I expect the same is true in Nashville.

So thinking ahead, I wonder if the increased number of units at Signature bodes well for his future project in the gulch. I also wonder if Tony G. is holding back on any details for that one until Signature is sold out. Then he can announce an even bigger, mixed use project for the gulch. I think his property there is crying out for that... and of course a new HQ tenant. Way to go Tony.

Hankster, just curious, why do you think another really tall building will be built in Nashville within a few years after Signature is completed? If this thing opens up in 2009, that means the BellSouth building will have been the tallest in Tennessee for the past 15 years! The Bank of America building has been the tallest in Atlanta for some time, and I'm not quite so familiar with Charlotte as Atlanta, but I don't think they're planning any really tall buildings in Charlotte to rival the BOA tower at the moment.

I think the days of going higher and higher are in the past, or at least for this country. Think about it: if 9/11 Never happened, the freedom tower wouldn't even be proposed, and we would still be getting out-built by the rest of the world. I'm not saying I like it, but I have a felling that when Signature get's built, it will in fact be the tallest in Nashville/Tennessee for many years, possibly decades.

I love Richmond. Haven't been in a while, but the pictures from there just move me.

The best thing about Richmond is its collection of 19th century architecture. They have so many of the mansions and townhouses that Nashville tore down to the last (save Savage House), and Shockoe Slip (the equivalent of our 2nd Avenue/Market Street) is also a lovely collection of Victorian-era business structures. The State Capitol (one of the few Capitols older than Tennessee's still in use), the battlefields surrounding the city, and so much more. I heartily recommend a visit for all UP members. :thumbsup:

Just doing a little playing with the image and if this is in scale with the other buildings downtown then this baby will be between (287mtr. & 300mtr) 941' and 984'. All I am doing is basing it on known height of existing buildings. You guys are right on and I would bet it may be closer to the top end of that estimate.

I think the days of going higher and higher are in the past, or at least for this country. Think about it: if 9/11 Never happened, the freedom tower wouldn't even be proposed, and we would still be getting out-built by the rest of the world. I'm not saying I like it, but I have a felling that when Signature get's built, it will in fact be the tallest in Nashville/Tennessee for many years, possibly decades.

Hardly, there is "talls" proposed for New York City, Denver, New Orleans, and one is currently being built in Chicago....there new tallest I believe. It is still alive and well here, just a bit more quite than it used to be.

^ Although I could be wrong, I'm not aware of any bldg 'seriously' proposed for Chi-town that will top the Sears Tower. I know the new Trump Tower was scaled down by 10+ floors as a direct result of 9/11.

There is that new deal that looks like an icicle, or somethin, stickin up in the air... but yeah, I don't think it's all that serious yet.

^ Although I could be wrong, I'm not aware of any bldg 'seriously' proposed for Chi-town that will top the Sears Tower. I know the new Trump Tower was scaled down by 10+ floors as a direct result of 9/11.

The 2000' Fordham Spire is 'seriously proposed'.

The other thing to consider relative to the Chicago buildings is that even if the Trump Tower will not be the "tallest," it is still pretty tall. I believe that it will be 92 stories. And just a couple of blocks down, on the opposite side of the river, ground has already broken for Waterview Tower, also a condominium hotel building, this time featuring the Shangri-La Hotel. That building will be 90 stories, will rise 1,050 feet, and the press release touts that it will be the fifth-tallest building in Chicago and that penthouse units will have 360-degree views. Very pricey. But you have to go up that high to get over the slew of 50-story buildings that have gone up recently that don't even make an impact on the skyline, just add density. So there is definitely no shortage of demand for "tall" buildings in the US despite 9/11, even if the dubious claim to being the "world's tallest" brings with it new risks these days.

Build on, Nashville!

You people are going to force me to dig around Chicago for dirt! Last I knew, there are 3 bldgs around 90 stories on the way up there. The Fordham Spire took an immediate bashing upon announcement, but they got a HUGE response of 'where do I sign up' emails. I always thought the big 3 were ordered 1-HK, 2-Chi, 3-NYC

I'm sorry, what were we talking about? I think I hear a pizza.......

Archived