New Signature Rendering

it's just dave

Btw, do you happen to have a copy of the Signature Tower illustration that shows the footage of the individual floors and overall height of 636' or 635' to the 55th floor. It's the color coded one that they developed after the first redesign. It used to be on Tony's site but since it has changed it is no longer there.

Unfortunately, that diagram is no longer posted on the web. However, this post should have all the infomation relative to that diagram you need.

Just How Tall is Signature Tower?

By the way, if I had to guess, I would predict that Tony is planning to add at least 4 floors at 11 feet each and one at 12 ft to his original concept bringing the project up to at least 60 Floors. If I'm right about this that would bring the project height up about 56 Ft from our original calculations to about 908 Feet!!! Note that I said "At least." Wahoo!!!!!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfect. Thanks Hankster. I remember this post now. I was going to guess 907' on the low end and 962' on the high end. I forgot about the penthouse floors being 12'. Sounds like we're on the same page. I heard that the width of the building has narrowed by about 15'. This will obviously make the tower appear slimmer and taller. Still, I'm a fan of big, even numbers!

All Tony needs to do is squeeze another 92' out of it to break a 1000'.

Signature Tower at 1000 Ft is NOT out of the question, but it probably is about as high as we can hope for. Assuming that Tony doesn't change the height of the spire, he would have to add approximately 9 more floors to the 60 minimum that I'm predicting raising the total up to 69. Of course, maybe Tony is considering switching from concrete to steel because the floor count is rising due to higher than expected demand.

I tell you, one mark I would like to see it reach is 300 meters.... that's 984 feet. That is the internationally accepted standard for a supertall building. Nashville would receive considerable interest worldwide if Signature Tower is built that high. Tony would "only" have to get his floor count up to about 67 to achieve that.

Signature Tower at 1000 Ft is NOT out of the question, but it probably is about as high as we can hope for. Assuming that Tony doesn't change the height of the spire, he would have to add approximately 9 more floors to the 60 minimum that I'm predicting raising the total up to 69. Of course, maybe Tony is considering switching from concrete to steel because the floor count is rising due to higher than expected demand.

I tell you, one mark I would like to see it reach is 300 meters.... that's 984 feet. That is the internationally accepted standard for a supertall building. Nashville would receive considerable interest worldwide if Signature Tower is built that high. Tony would "only" have to get his floor count up to about 67 to achieve that.

At 1,000 feet, it would be great but I don't think it will go that high simply because it would contrast too much with the other buildings more than doubling all but the Bellsouth tower. If it does, there will be a definite need to put a couple 650-700 footers to balance it out.

I'll bet on 900 feet.

Don't look for 600-700 footer hotels to go in SoBro due to the height restrictions.

I just can't help thinking the new CC should go in the gulch.

Personally, I don't like the height restrictions in SoBro. I think the CC would be perfect behind the GEC and if a tall hotel was needed or made sense to go there then I'm all for it. I hope that the zoning board is going to allow for certain exceptions. With that said, I think you're right. We aren't going to see anything tall down there.

I agree with the need for a tall hotel if the new CC is built in SoBro. For the operations, a taller hotel with say 36-48 rooms per floor is much easier to manage and manipulate than a long, wide florr with 100 rooms on it. Also, conventioneers and locals alike want to have a room on a high floor so they have a view. I hope Peabody doesn't get the CC Hotel. I am not sure they have the cache and recognition needed to be a power player like Omni or Westin.

Thsi rendering is great. I wish it was the real design for the stadium though.

I agree that the rendering is great, and I believe the Signature Tower shown in the rendering is at least 900 Ft and possibly as much as 950. Despite its great height, I still think it looks good along with the rest of the skyline. I really don't think another 50 to 100 feet would make that much diiference on the overall look of the skyline. Besides, when the L & C Tower was built it was probably 3 times higher than any other building in Nashville. If the Sig is way taller than everything else, that should only be temporary. I would wager that within 5 years another tall building would come along of at least 600 to 700 feet to help balance out the skyline. I hope Tony builds it as tall as he dares.

I agree that the rendering is great, and I believe the Signature Tower shown in the rendering is at least 900 Ft and possibly as much as 950. Despite its great height, I still think it looks good along with the rest of the skyline. I really don't think another 50 to 100 feet would make that much difference on the overall look of the skyline. Besides, when the L & C Tower was built it was probably 3 times higher than any other building in Nashville. If the Sig is way taller than everything else, that should only be temporary. I would wager that within 5 years another tall building would come along of at least 600 to 700 feet to help balance out the skyline. I hope Tony builds it as tall as he dares.

I'm 100% with you on this Hankster. Even if it reaches 1000' it will look fine with the other buildings. To some extent it will be a "rising tide raises all ships" type of thing. It has taken ST to lead the way for other tall buildings (600' or 700') to even be discussed as realistic possibilities. It's amazing to look at the new rendering and imagine where other buildings might fit in the skyline. Just a couple of years ago I would have been thrilled just to see another 500'. I can't believe we're talking 900+! :yahoo:

As far as the stadium, I'm going to have to disagree with you on the stadium urbanbna. It's a bit too cookie cutter for me. I prefer the old style for baseball. Although, with as many of the old style that have been built lately, you could possibly label them the same. Maybe they will come up with a different twist and combine the old and new. When it comes to baseball though, I think traditional is better. We shall see.

I'm 100% with you on this Hankster. Even if it reaches 1000' it will look fine with the other buildings. To some extent it will be a "rising tide raises all ships" type of thing. It has taken ST to lead the way for other tall buildings (600' or 700') to even be discussed as realistic possibilities. It's amazing to look at the new rendering and imagine where other buildings might fit in the skyline. Just a couple of years ago I would have been thrilled just to see another 500'. I can't believe we're talking 900+! :yahoo:

As far as the stadium, I'm going to have to disagree with you on the stadium urbanbna. It's a bit too cookie cutter for me. I prefer the old style for baseball. Although, with as many of the old style that have been built lately, you could possibly label them the same. Maybe they will come up with a different twist and combine the old and new. When it comes to baseball though, I think traditional is better. We shall see.

That comment had nothing to do with wether or not i liked the old style or new style stdiums more or less. I dont know where you got that from. I was just saying I wished it was the real design for the stadium so we could see how it blends in with the rest of the city. :wacko:

That comment had nothing to do with wether or not i liked the old style or new style stdiums more or less. I dont know where you got that from. I was just saying I wished it was the real design for the stadium so we could see how it blends in with the rest of the city. :wacko:

Oh, I'm sorry. I misunderstood. When you said you wished it was the real design for the stadium I thought you meant you wished it would look like it does in the rendering. I guess that's where I got that. No offense meant.

I prefer all of the tall buildings stay between 2nd and 7th avenues on NOBRO not SOBRO! The gradual building upwards to a skyline apex is quite stunning. I think a lot of lots a block or two away from the CBD will be midrises 10-15 stories and under 200 feet.

Eakin Partners would like to do another project the size of Suntrust Plaza downtown.

Eakin Partners would like to do another project the size of Suntrust Plaza downtown.

Well then, there are plenty of companies wanting to relocate in Nashville right now. I can't think of a better time for them to consider building a spec office building downtown to lure one of them. Let's get the show on the road!

I think Tony should do something grand and make the Signature Tower 1084' tall. The 84 number signifies 1784, the year Nashville was founded. That's just my thinking. I like numbers that mean something.

The views from the building are going to be amazing.

1784' is a nice round number too... oh wait... now we're gettin carried away :P

Archived