Mindless Political Debate

Dale

The Magic dont draw people because they are off the map... They suck, as much as I love them. I dont think tax money should be used to fund a new arena anyways. There is no reason that people should fund that especially since many people cant even afford to attend a venue there, or dont even like the Magic (who will be gone in a few seasons).

Its funny that people say less government is better (the slogan of Repubilcan party) but they cry about the roads, the schools, the bums, the decline in morals of this country, and think that it is okay the ignore the civil rights and liberties of people. Americans are some of the most least informed people when it comes to their own government. How come young South Americans and Europeans know more about our government than adults in our own country?

If you dont want to vote on higher taxes to fix the roads, dont use the roads... dont ride the train when it gets built....

And republicans are not so diverse, in fact they tend to mold to the popular opinion of the party so they can preserve their power. If they all say the same thing it is more difficult to break through their defenses.

.... cant wait to move away.....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Magic dont draw people because they are off the map... They suck, as much as I love them. I dont think tax money should be used to fund a new arena anyways. There is no reason that people should fund that especially since many people cant even afford to attend a venue there, or dont even like the Magic (who will be gone in a few seasons).

Its funny that people say less government is better (the slogan of Repubilcan party) but they cry about the roads, the schools, the bums, the decline in morals of this country, and think that it is okay the ignore the civil rights and liberties of people. Americans are some of the most least informed people when it comes to their own government. How come young South Americans and Europeans know more about our government than adults in our own country?

If you dont want to vote on higher taxes to fix the roads, dont use the roads... dont ride the train when it gets built....

And republicans are not so diverse, in fact they tend to mold to the popular opinion of the party so they can preserve their power. If they all say the same thing it is more difficult to break through their defenses.

.... cant wait to move away.....

Please don't leave. You don't have to move to another country to spend other people's hard-earned income. You can do that here ! Even the Republicans are okay with it.

Your completely missing the point. Its not about anybody crying about things they want. There is PLENTY of money in our annual federal budget to fund things that NEED to happen. WE just spend so much money on pansy projects, pork, sending money abroad, that by time the neccesities come around, the money just isnt there to fund them. And your broad use of the term "they" in the post above...I believe the left is the group who have been doing an overwhelming amount of the crying as of late.

The fact that the Republican party CAN mold to the popular opinion withing their party shows the responsiveness of them. Thats what government is supposed to do! Maybe if the Dems can grasp that, they may actually win an election again!

I'll ask you again, what would you do differently? B/c this is beginning to look like a typical left-wing style of bringing problems to the table and complaining about them without offering solutions.

Dales little comments continue to make me laugh.

Your completely missing the point. Its not about anybody crying about things they want. There is PLENTY of money in our annual federal budget to fund things that NEED to happen. WE just spend so much money on pansy projects, pork, sending money abroad, that by time the neccesities come around, the money just isnt there to fund them. And your broad use of the term "they" in the post above...I believe the left is the group who have been doing an overwhelming amount of the crying as of late.

The fact that the Republican party CAN mold to the popular opinion withing their party shows the responsiveness of them. Thats what government is supposed to do! Maybe if the Dems can grasp that, they may actually win an election again!

I'll ask you again, what would you do differently? B/c this is beginning to look like a typical left-wing style of bringing problems to the table and complaining about them without offering solutions.

Dales little comments continue to make me laugh.

How is sacrificing your own view point to preserve the people in your party what our government is about? I thought it was about people running for and delegating authority for the good of the people? Corperate America is the only one either of the parties cater too. Case and point is this city...Orlando... Built because of a Corperation (The extent of it today). Republicans just abuse popular opinion to get into office and show a total lack of respect for the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. They run campaigns on Defense (Offense) and Anti Abortion Gay Marriage proposals, and Tax-Cuts.... They actually ever discuss policy or anything. American Politics are a fashion show... Thank god for the freedom to vote because I am glad that nearly half of uninformed people dont vote. And yet are country is declining in the world, becoming more overlooked than ever. The empire is falling, things go in cycles. The Chinese are next... and the EU after that. Its all good in the hood though.... I will take my 192 to work and school.... waiting in traffic while they appear to be widening the road to a level that it already needs to be widened again... and we can keep electing idiots into office that dont care about any of us, but gladly take our money to do stuff for the people, by the people, so help them god.....

Wheres the representation of the 48% of people who voted for Kerry? Its so outdated....

Dreaming of living in Tokyo again.... :whistling:

How is sacrificing your own view point to preserve the people in your party what our government is about? I thought it was about people running for and delegating authority for the good of the people? Corperate America is the only one either of the parties cater too. Case and point is this city...Orlando... Built because of a Corperation (The extent of it today). Republicans just abuse popular opinion to get into office and show a total lack of respect for the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. They run campaigns on Defense (Offense) and Anti Abortion Gay Marriage proposals, and Tax-Cuts.... They actually ever discuss policy or anything. American Politics are a fashion show... Thank god for the freedom to vote because I am glad that nearly half of uninformed people dont vote. And yet are country is declining in the world, becoming more overlooked than ever. The empire is falling, things go in cycles. The Chinese are next... and the EU after that. Its all good in the hood though.... I will take my 192 to work and school.... waiting in traffic while they appear to be widening the road to a level that it already needs to be widened again... and we can keep electing idiots into office that dont care about any of us, but gladly take our money to do stuff for the people, by the people, so help them god.....

Wheres the representation of the 48% of people who voted for Kerry? Its so outdated....

Dreaming of living in Tokyo again.... :whistling:

Alright, now you've brought up a sore point in referencing Japan. I can still remember my first experience in tasting dried squid.

It took literally days to get that awful taste out of my mouth. I think the taste is even imprinted on my brain to ths day.

How is sacrificing your own view point to preserve the people in your party what our government is about? I thought it was about people running for and delegating authority for the good of the people?

Who does this? People join a party that resembles their viewpoint. It is completely voluntary.

Corperate America is the only one either of the parties cater too. Case and point is this city...Orlando... Built because of a Corperation (The extent of it today). Republicans just abuse popular opinion to get into office and show a total lack of respect for the Bill of Rights and the Constitution. They run campaigns on Defense (Offense) and Anti Abortion Gay Marriage proposals, and Tax-Cuts.... They actually ever discuss policy or anything. American Politics are a fashion show...

Now that is quite a bold statement. If you are in school, you should know you cant make claims like that without backing them up. I would like to see vivid examples of what you mean by this (and please, your going to have to do a lot better than gay marraige or abortion...people dont even have to think to write about that stuff anymore).

I hear Japan is nice this time of year...

Who does this?

Politicians

What part? It's the size and relatively the same shape as Cali. Northern Japan is freezing right now.

Okinawa, where the Army base is located, is probably nice right now.

-------------

And who said dried squid is bad? It's practically the same thing as beef jerky.

408 does not use any taxes. It is all from the tolls that are collected. IMO Republicans are a very diverse party, but you would never know it. Many sit quiet at main stream GOP members campaign on anti-abortion and anti-gay platforms. But many could care less about that. Now , you are starting to see an uprising of core member that are tired of the social issues and would like to see economic issues addressed.

Who does this? People join a party that resembles their viewpoint. It is completely voluntary.

Now that is quite a bold statement. If you are in school, you should know you cant make claims like that without backing them up. I would like to see vivid examples of what you mean by this (and please, your going to have to do a lot better than gay marraige or abortion...people dont even have to think to write about that stuff anymore).

Japan is nice all year around... and squid is great.

The whole wire tapping thing, the pre-emptive war, the lying and refusing to have people swear under oath.... Dont pretend like you have no idea what I am talking about. Its not even worth arguing with you because I already sense that self preservation tactic... If you support a party that refuses to take blame for the wrong that they did, even though humans are falable, then it sure is showing.

I actually think we should stop because this has nothing to do with the thread, but I am stubborn and always need the last word... even if it is hours later.... ;)

Japan is nice all year around... and squid is great.

The whole wire tapping thing, the pre-emptive war, the lying and refusing to have people swear under oath.... Dont pretend like you have no idea what I am talking about. Its not even worth arguing with you because I already sense that self preservation tactic... If you support a party that refuses to take blame for the wrong that they did, even though humans are falable, then it sure is showing.

I actually think we should stop because this has nothing to do with the thread, but I am stubborn and always need the last word... even if it is hours later.... ;)

If you think many other presidents didnt use wire-tapping, including the godly democrat Clinton (as well as others), you are greatly, greatly mistaken. The only reason this time its known is because it was leaked. Do I personally agree with it? not really. Do I think this is the first time its happened? It would be foolish and blind if I did.

I dont know why you sense self preservation in me, because I sense the typical mood of bringing up problems without offering solutions. You say your anti-government and dont trust any party, yet you seem to have problems with only one, that's tough to disguise as "anti every political party."

But now im done with it...unless you respond, then I get the last word! ;)

(never been to Japan, but does Kobe Steakhouse compare? lol)

NOTE FROM MODERATER : PLEASE OBSTAIN FROM CARRYING ON THESE USELESS DEBATES ON URBAN PLANET, OR YOU MAY BE SUSPENDED. THIS THREAD IS OUT OF CONTROL; THERE ARE PLENTY OF OTHER SITES FOR POLITICAL DEBATE.

The Japanese have Kobe steak.

But we have Kobe Bryant.

I think I'll take the steak...medium please ;)

If you think many other presidents didnt use wire-tapping, including the godly democrat Clinton (as well as others), you are greatly, greatly mistaken. The only reason this time its known is because it was leaked. Do I personally agree with it? not really. Do I think this is the first time its happened? It would be foolish and blind if I did.

I dont know why you sense self preservation in me, because I sense the typical mood of bringing up problems without offering solutions. You say your anti-government and dont trust any party, yet you seem to have problems with only one, that's tough to disguise as "anti every political party."

But now im done with it...unless you respond, then I get the last word! ;)

(never been to Japan, but does Kobe Steakhouse compare? lol)

If you think I would defend a democrat including Bill Clinton (who I have really no respect for anyway...hypocrite) then you are mistaken....

I just cant say no to a reply... sorry....

By the way finding true Japanese cuisine in the states is really difficult. The closet that I have found is Sucrapomi on JYP and Sand Lake near the Staples. Magnifico. They are strait from the Island of Honshuu representing with bomb sushi and some gyuudon and curry that is amazing.

I have never had kobe steak. Is it worth it and where can I get a good one?

I think the only place you can get real Kobe beef is in Japan. It's become a buzzword recently for steak places, because the word itself isn't something that can be proven or is regulated. (As opposed to saying "Prime" or "Choice") I think anyone here in America can use the term "Kobe" without any kind of problem, even if their meat isn't true Kobe beef. (Same is true for "truffles" or "Chillean Sea Bass") "Kobe" is just used for where the meat comes from and how it is raised. True Japanese Kobe been has pretty high standards and is pretty rare. I believe the cows are free roaming and are fed a certain type of grain to get as much fat and marbling on them as possible.

I think the only place you can get real Kobe beef is in Japan. It's become a buzzword recently for steak places, because the word itself isn't something that can be proven or is regulated. (As opposed to saying "Prime" or "Choice") I think anyone here in America can use the term "Kobe" without any kind of problem, even if their meat isn't true Kobe beef. (Same is true for "truffles" or "Chillean Sea Bass") "Kobe" is just used for where the meat comes from and how it is raised. True Japanese Kobe been has pretty high standards and is pretty rare. I believe the cows are free roaming and are fed a certain type of grain to get as much fat and marbling on them as possible.

If you have the 200$ to drop on a real one.... I lived there and never ate one... I can imagine that the importing cost would be fairly high.

I was in the Navy as well,

I too was in the Navy and I too think our biggest issue affecting the greatness of America is education. :thumbsup: My wife is a teacher ... and this "no child left behind" crap is just a cute phrase. The reason school construction is finally catching up in Orange County is because enough people placed a high-enough emphasis on education to pass a 1/2 cent sales tax. It's one thing to say, they should manage the money they already have better, but in the mean time the kids aren't being educated. We need to stay with reduced class size too.

Oh yea, my wife could use a raise too :D In business I hire kids with masters at 50-65K. My teacher wife with a masters makes in the mid 30s and has to spend half of that on classroom supplies.

I too was in the Navy and I too think our biggest issue affecting the greatness of America is education. :thumbsup: My wife is a teacher ... and this "no child left behind" crap is just a cute phrase. The reason school construction is finally catching up in Orange County is because enough people placed a high-enough emphasis on education to pass a 1/2 cent sales tax. It's one thing to say, they should manage the money they already have better, but in the mean time the kids aren't being educated. We need to stay with reduced class size too.

Oh yea, my wife could use a raise too :D In business I hire kids with masters at 50-65K. My teacher wife with a masters makes in the mid 30s and has to spend half of that on classroom supplies.

I agree that the school systems are horrendous. If they were not funded individual by the local property tax and as a whole instead I think that the level of education would increase. Then we would have smart enough people to elect people who will build roads... to keep this on topic...

Archived