Greensboro best place for ACC Tournament?

kmurphy19662003

One thing people don't realize is the CLT arena's capacity for NBA games is about 19,000. I don't know where 18,000 came from. The 19,000 may include much of the club areas. The future of all basketball, yes even college is Luxury Boxes and Club sections, ESPECIALLY for tournaments. I think it should be in CLT and Greensboro even though G-boro is boring for someone who doesn't live there. Another thing: weather. DC's March climate is much different that FLA obviously and even much different than NC and GA. I wouldn't want to go to DC for an ACC tourni if I were from Miami or FLA state. Although it matters where an event is located, it is even more important to relate the location of the event to the locations of the schools that are competitive. With the exception of MD and BC which both can be competetive, the NC teams are the far favorites.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

North Carolina is where the ACC tournament belongs. It matters to people here. It's that simple...in DC it's one of many big events, and people don't really care as much.

Charlotte is a fine location if you ask me...wonderful new arena and walkable for fans. I don't have a problem with Greensboro either, but the color of that floor needs to go :P

Archived