Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M. Brown

Portsmouth, NH | Masterplan

10 posts in this topic

Portsmouth is one of my favorite cities because alot of the colonial city still remains. Now its a very funky and bohemian place.

Damn, if they had the train to Boston in place now, I might be living in Portsmouth rather than Providence.

They really need a downtown bus station too. That terminal out at the Tradeport is just not cutting it.

There is a train from boston to portsmouth and portland now. Maybe too infrequent for commuting, but that nut from Sidney maine takes it every day during part of his 9 hour commute. Porstmouth is great, but not big eneogh to hold you attention for very long. providence is better IMHO.

The train of which you speak stays west of Portsmouth, hitting Exeter, Durham, and Dover before heading into Maine. Close, but not close enough for someone who would like to walk to the train from Downtown Portsmouth (kind of like how I can walk to the train in Providence).

The Portsmouth line would actually be a northern extention out of Newburyport, through Hampton, NH and into Portsmouth, it could reach up to Kittery, ME too.

I have Portsmouth and Kittery service on my fantasy Commuter Rail Map. :)

Commuter%20Rail001-GIF.gif

Cotuit, you should submit that the MBTA or something. Is that whats its called MBTA? That would be AWESOME. We should all protest or something to make them build that!!!

Well some of it is on the table now. Manchester is probably going to happen in the next 10 years. Expansion south into Rhode Island is in the planning stages (funding is slowing it down). And what you posted shows that the city of Portsmouth is looking into rail, weather it's run by the T or a NH rail system or Amtrak remains to be seen.