Pawtucket Dining and Nightlife

Recchia

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From a technical perspective, I believe it is not necessarily "Rhode Island" to refer to that space as "where Extreme Donuts used to be" because, at present, nothing is in that space.

To be safely "out of state," you'd have to say "the space where Extreme Donuts used to be."

Not that I care.

I was inside the Extreme Donuts space about 6 months ago.. that place is HUGE! Back room after back room, its going to need alot of work in order to make it nice but its possible.

the only problem with that location is that its sort of an island.. no parking in front etc..

I'm psyched to see any sort of restaurant come downtown and if its ethnic food even better, I'll def check it out when it opens.

Another recommendation: El Salvadoreno on Lonsdale in CF. After years of listening to their supremely catchy radio advert, finally decided to try it. Expansive menu, well-priced beer ($3), and cozy and clean atmosphere.

Don't know so much about food from El Salvador, but they've got lots of Mexican favorites, even selling Jarritos.

• 6 months later...

re: new rest in ex-donuts place

it's african. I tried lunch there one day, and bought american favorites (like a hot dog and fries and a chicken salad for my wife). Unfortunately, they weren't great and they're overpriced. I didn't try any of the African food, so I can't give them a total thumbs down.

re: new rest in ex-donuts place

it's african. I tried lunch there one day, and bought american favorites (like a hot dog and fries and a chicken salad for my wife). Unfortunately, they weren't great and they're overpriced. I didn't try any of the African food, so I can't give them a total thumbs down.

• 2 months later...

The Village is West African and really, really good. They have live music friday nights. I recommend the spicy stick beef, it's super tender, also the "chin chin" is really good, it's a mildly sweet and crunchy appetizer. The staff is really helpful, I just asked what things were if it seemed unfamiliar, everything we tried was great. I found it to be somewhat similar to Cuban or Brazilian food, spicy, garlicy, the main dishes were served with nicely fried plantains and really yummy smoky beans.

As far as I know, they are working on a liquor license and outdoor seating, it's a gem, everyone should go check it out. My sweetie and I will be going back for sure.

Does anyone know if the new place on Newport, Amy's? is the replacement to the place that used to be around the corner on Armistice, Phonecia? I think I saw felafel on the sign, omg, if it is, that place rocked and I only discovered it months before it closed, got to stop in and check.

• 5 months later...

The Cup N Saucer (Plouffes) on Main Street reopened today. They will be open for breakfast and lunch during the week and will add dinner on the weekends.

I had lunch there today to show my support for their taking a chance with opening dowtown. I ate a chicken salad sandwich with a side of Hand Cut fries.

The interiors are a mix of old and new.

The Cup N Saucer (Plouffes) on Main Street reopened today. They will be open for breakfast and lunch during the week and will add dinner on the weekends. I had lunch there today to show my support for their taking a chance with opening dowtown. I ate a chicken salad sandwich with a side of Hand Cut fries.The interiors are a mix of old and new.

• 2 months later...

Archived