North Point Mall

DigitalSky

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Lord & Taylor space at Northpoint Mall was filled shortly after they left the mall. The space was filled by Dillard's.

The Lord & Taylor space at Phipps Plaza was filled shortly after they left. The space was filled by Nordstrom's.

As you already know, The Lord & Taylor space at The Mall of Georgia will be filled by...ummm....Belks.

Oh, really? So Dillard's has 2 stoes at this mall now?

http://www.generalgrowth.com/content/live/...Mall_aerial.jpg

Well that is a good question then. I didn't know that Northpoint was a six anchor mall. I don't know why I was thinking that Dillard's filled that spot.

I will email the general manager (Chris Burgum) to find out.

Okay Cantnot.....I am still trying to figure out the answer to your inquiry but this is what I have found so far:

From an article dated January 04, 2005

Nordstrom took over Lord & Taylor's lease at Simon's Phipps Plaza in Atlanta, and the Seattle-based retailer is rumored to be a likely replacement at other locations, including Atlanta's Nortpoint Mall and Miami's Aventura Mall.

The article in whole:

Retail Information

I will continue to look and I have emailed both the Corporate owners of North Point as well as the general manager of the mall.

Brad,

Hecht's is part of the May Company and is a department store (ranging from slightly better than Penney's to fairly high-end, depending on the grade of the store).

Are you thinking Heck's? I remember seeing stores in West Virginia with that name that were discount stores.

I'm quite confident Hecht's in its early days was in the immediate DC/Baltimore area. They came into other parts of VA and NC after taking over Richmond-based Thalhimer's department store. They also expanded into Tenn. Yes, by September they will become Macy's as a result of MayCo's buyout by Federated.

I'm quite confident Hecht's in its early days was in the immediate DC/Baltimore area. They came into other parts of VA and NC after taking over Richmond-based Thalhimers. They also expanded into Tenn. Yes, by September they will become Macy's as a result of MayCo's buyout by Federated.
You're right.

• 5 months later...

North Point is too nice to become a dead mall! Now, the Parisian will be Belk and L&T is empty. How about this..... Belk can take the bigger L & T spot and then they do one of those "lifestyle" things with the old Parisian store. How is that? Or maybe Bloomingdale's can create one of their Home Stores there instead.

North Point is too nice to become a dead mall! Now, the Parisian will be Belk and L&T is empty. How about this..... Belk can take the bigger L & T spot and then they do one of those "lifestyle" things with the old Parisian store. How is that? Or maybe Bloomingdale's can create one of their Home Stores there instead.
Those sound like excellent ideas to me. Or they could convince Neiman Marcus to take over one of the empty anchor spots instead of building a new mall.

If the developers plan to do this, I think that it would be better to put the "lifestyle center" aspect on the part of the mall that faces North Point Parkway. Maybe they can incorporate a section with restaurants and other shops where the current parking deck stands and where The Cheesecake Factory is located. People on NP Parkway would see shops and restaurants instead of the parking deck and TCF by itself. They can build some parking decks on the back side of the mall between the Parisian, Macy's and Sears stores to replace the deck facing NP Pkwy. I'm not suggesting that they tear down TCF, but just replace the parking deck with restaurants and shops similar to Cumberland Mall's renovation and Perimeter Mall.

The Parisian store is one of the smallest anchor spots at NPM, so it may make sense for Belk to move to the empty, but larger L&T space and maybe a smaller Neiman-Marcus store to come into the Parisian space. I thought I read somewhere a while back that NPM was considering expansion of the mall to get stores like Saks and NM to the mall before competitors were trying to lure them to new shopping centers being proposed up 400.

Any news on that?

• 4 years later...

Archived